+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation

Could the Ravens make a trade or 2?

The deadline is coming up and while there in season trades aren't usually a big deal in the NFL, you may see some this year because there are so many awful teams.

So, are the Ravens looking into a pass rusher? A better nickle back? WR? All of the above?

Sports Guy is offline Plus Member Since 3/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation
    What about Peppers?

Mortenson said he could be available.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports Guy View Post
    What about Peppers?

Mortenson said he could be available.
    Adding Peppers would be awesome. We need a 3 players to be elite in my opinion. We need a number 1 WR, CB and one more pass rusher to go opposite Suggs. The only problem is what is our trade chips? Obviously draft choices but how many are you willing to deal? In other words what is it gonna take.

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdan14 View Post
    Adding Peppers would be awesome. We need a 3 players to be elite in my opinion. We need a number 1 WR, CB and one more pass rusher to go opposite Suggs. The only problem is what is our trade chips? Obviously draft choices but how many are you willing to deal? In other words what is it gonna take.
    Draft picks are possible...Perhaps one of our back up defensive lineman as well?

DuffMan is offline Plus Member Since 10/06 All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    What about Rolle, is he coming back or is he going to retire. Getting him back would be a major plus and would be like a trade where you don't have to give up anything!

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Looking at the teams that are out of it, the players I would be interested in are:

BUF
    Lee Evans
    Terrell Owens
    Aaron Schobel

TEN
    Justin Gage
    Nick Harper

OAK
    Greg Ellis

TB
    Jimmy Wilkerson

CAR
    Julius Peppers

STL
    Leonard Little

Dr. FLK is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Why don't they just go back to a more aggressive scheme that doesn't leave the CBs out their on an island for so long?

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
    What about Rolle, is he coming back or is he going to retire. Getting him back would be a major plus and would be like a trade where you don't have to give up anything!
    He is done.

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FLK View Post
    Why don't they just go back to a more aggressive scheme that doesn't leave the CBs out their on an island for so long?
    Certainly would help but they could still another pass rusher.

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMarketSean View Post
    Looking at the teams that are out of it, the players I would be interested in are:

BUF
    Lee Evans
    Terrell Owens
    Aaron Schobel

TEN
    Justin Gage
    Nick Harper

OAK
    Greg Ellis

TB
    Jimmy Wilkerson

CAR
    Julius Peppers

STL
    Leonard Little
    A Lee Evans/Schobel deal would be very nice.

Harper is out for 6 weeks.

NewMarketSean is offline Plus member Since 05/04 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    A Lee Evans/Schobel deal would be very nice.

Harper is out for 6 weeks.
    Ooops. I thought he'd provide some good depth in the secondary.

I will be very surprised if Owens isn't traded.

Dr. FLK is offline Plus Member Since 12/05 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation
    Certainly would help but they could still another pass rusher.
    They sure could, but I'm not so sure they need one if they just use the guys they have correctly. It just doesn't seem like your watching "Raven football" anymore. Ya know what I mean?

Hooded Viper is offline Plus Member Since September 2009 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by NewMarketSean View Post
    Ooops. I thought he'd provide some good depth in the secondary.

I will be very surprised if Owens isn't traded.
    TO got a 1 year deal with the only team that wanted him. He will not be traded and he most certainly won't come to Baltimore for 2 reasons:

1. He claimed that Ozzie used racially charged words towards him when TO put up the stink about being traded here in the first place. Would you want an employee after that charge?

2. Harbaugh had a ringside seat on TO's antics in Philly. He will not want that cancer on his team.
    Last edited by Hooded Viper; 10-13-2009 at 10:26 AM.

Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. FLK View Post
    They sure could, but I'm not so sure they need one if they just use the guys they have correctly. It just doesn't seem like your watching "Raven football" anymore. Ya know what I mean?
    The problem with the defense is very simple...They aren't getting any pressure up the middle and Suggs looks out of shape.

They are missing Bart Scott right now because of his ability to get to the QB but he isn't a loss that should have hurt them.

Ngata's inability to get pressure on the QB is a killer IMO.

The schemes aren't great but Suggs and Ngata need to do a lot more than they are, bad scheme or not.

clapdiddy is online now Plus Member Since 02/03 Hall of Fame Reputation
    I would love for us to get Peppers and Lee Evans, though I'm not sure we would have enough to get both of them.