+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    The Epic is offline Plus Member Since 04/10 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulFolk View Post
    They've shown the clip of that grand slam at several Orioles games this season, including the last two nights.
    I'm trying to remember what they've shown the last two games I've went, but I've mostly seen the Markakis 3-homer game. I always seem to catch that one.

If I knew when the GS was coming, and I could make it, I'd go to the game just to see that.

wow its funny this is a discussion. I was just talking to someone about this being one of the greatest games i ever been to. The other being Mike Mussina's Perfect game for 8 1/3 inning until Sandy Alamor ruined it with a base hit to left field.
    But this game was the best. I remember it with Alex Rodriguez hitting a homerun putting them up and thinking it was over. The place was crazy that night. I believe Hoiles homerun went to Left Center. I was sitting in the bleachers seats and the place just exploded

MASN needs to re-air this game again. It was a slugfest from beginning to end!

This reminds me of arguably my biggest gripe about MLB...the lack of accessible videos from the past. For some reason they refuse to allow any footage on YouTube and won't make an online archive for people to watch stuff like this. I'd love to be able to see this because I was only 6 years old at the time.

Here it is, ladies and gentlemen!

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...y_20097235&v=3

Brendan25 is offline Plus Member since 10/11 All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Funny story. My dad was at this game for business with 3 customers. They left the game in the 7th inning because they thought the game was over, and listened to the homerun on the radio. I will never leave a game early now.

Owen21 is offline Plus Member Since 02/09 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by clinikillz View Post

The Jon Miller call on WBAL was a beautiful uplifting moment in life !

This game is currently airing on MASN if anyone is interested.

BmoreBoy is offline Plus Member Since 04/05 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I was in 6th grade and mom wanted me in bed at 9pm. I forget whether or not she pulled the "you can stay up late when they are in the playoffs" line or not. I couldn't even think of sleeping and went back down stairs and turned on the game, parents already gone to bed. I got to watch the bottom of the ninth. I remember that they said Hoiles was also hitless that night before that point I think. This game is what established me never leaving a game because I think it's over due to the score. I have told this story several time (I went to the game 2 days later on a friends birthday for his party.)

OrioleMagic79 is offline Plus Member Since 3/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    It was my sophomore year in high school...parents had just sold the house and we were living in an apartment while the new house was being built. I was in my room by myself watching the game...I'll never forget it, it's one of my favorite moments as an Orioles fan...

It should be pointed out that it was not only 3-2 with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th...but we were down 3, meaning the GS was just enough to win by 1...this is the exact scenario kids make up while playing in the back yard...