I like the booing

Skeletor

Although we as fans don't go to the Yard in the 3 million person range anymore (there's a reason for that, O's FO), when we do show up we need to show that we're not happy with the losing.

When they play like ****, boo them. When you leave a closer in to give up the tying run and then the go ahead run when he obviously doesn't have it, boo Trembley. When Izturis is facing a wild pitcher and fouls out on the first pitch, boo him. When the O's have runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and can't score, boo them. And then don't go back anymore.

I've reached a breaking point. This is my last year of watching ****ty baseball.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Although we as fans don't go to the Yard in the 3 million person range anymore (there's a reason for that, O's FO), when we do show up we need to show that we're not happy with the losing.

When they play like ****, boo them. When you leave a closer in to give up the tying run and then the go ahead run when he obviously doesn't have it, boo Trembley. When Izturis is facing a wild pitcher and fouls out on the first pitch, boo him. When the O's have runners on 2nd and 3rd with no outs and can't score, boo them. And then don't go back anymore.

I've reached a breaking point. This is my last year of watching ****ty baseball.

Well said, Orioles fans have been patient long enough. And it has nothing to do with the last few games. The Orioles need to re-establish their winning tradition right now. We can't settle for less. We must to expect to win, any less is unacceptable.

How does booing help anything though? Gonzalez actually holds himself accountable for his mistakes.

I will say this though. This kind of stuff makes for some great reading on the hangout!!! (Although I obviously want a few more wins!) Much more entertaining. So glad were past the offseason and the hundreds of trade proposal threads.

How does booing help anything though? Gonzalez actually holds himself accountable for his mistakes.

It's not just for him. It's for MacPhail, it's for Angelos, It's for the people sitting in the seat next to you. We're not the Pirates, we're not the Royals. We've allowed the perception of our team to be "they're a small market in the toughest division in baseball who have no chance to compete." We're not a small market team, we're not poor. People cry for a salary cap while we used to have attendance marks over 3 million, we have a RSN, we have one of the best stadiums in baseball. Yet, we fans complain about the Yankees and the Red Sox and how much money they have. If you turn the clock back 12 years, we were in a very similar situation as both of those teams. They continued to win, we turned to ****. Yeah, NY has a huge market size, but to pull a Pedro and call them our daddy isn't what this organization was about for decades.

Every year, I tell my friends how excited I am about the start of the new season. They chuckle a little bit and say the O's suck. And I say, "Man, have you heard about (Roberts, Markakis, the way Guthrie pitched last year, Wieters, Bauer, Riley, etc., depending on the year)? They're about to turn the corner." Every year, I look like a fool. I'm tired.

Archived