+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 91
  1. #16
    86this's Avatar
    86this is offline Plus Member since October 2008 Major Leagues Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Oriole Fan in MFY Territory
    Posts
    458

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by cnmilton View Post
    Kind of ironic that Luke ends up injured the day Vader is signed
    It was also a Solo shot.

  2. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,301
    Glad to see Vader signed. He appears to be our first overslotter. He looks to have a physically projectable body with a solid FB and a slider that shows promise.

  3. #18
    MurphDogg's Avatar
    MurphDogg is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    A long foul ball from Camden Yards
    Posts
    4,999
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...s_with_tw.html

    Drummond and Dunlap of UCLA have signed, though when I clicked the story I was hoping Klein had signed as well.

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    131

    minor league assignments?

    Thanks for the great job on this draft listing. Does anyone have a similar list of the minor league affiliates to which each signed player has been assigned?

  5. #20
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    3,919
    For your viewing pleasure, I linked each player's minor league stats page.

  6. #21
    mcpd's Avatar
    mcpd is offline Plus Member Since '05 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    texas
    Posts
    217
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    For your viewing pleasure, I linked each player's minor league stats page.
    you da man

  7. #22
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by mcpd View Post
    you da man
    You might regret I did it, once you look at the numbers...

  8. #23
    Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Bethesda MD
    Posts
    36,649
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    You might regret I did it, once you look at the numbers...
    No kidding!

    Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.
    I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    No kidding!

    Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.
    I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?
    No sir, we have quite a few "overslot" picks in the top 10 and all will include some sort of more than normal negotiations and approvals. I remember the same question being asked last season. The only one I am surprised hasn't signed yet really is Bywater because he shouldn't be an overslotter....

  10. #25
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perry Hall
    Posts
    3,919
    I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.

  11. #26
    Can_of_corn's Avatar
    Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    35,224
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.
    I would certainly stock my minors with good receivers over good bats from the catcher position. I wouldn't want my young pitchers to be afraid to throw their good breaking ball or be worried every opposing baserunner can steal at will.

  12. #27
    eb45's Avatar
    eb45 is offline Aberdeen Reporter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    2,279
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.
    That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.

  13. #28
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by eb45 View Post
    That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.
    Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.

  14. #29
    ThisIsOurHouse's Avatar
    ThisIsOurHouse is offline Plus Member since 01/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Lexington
    Posts
    670
    Quote Originally Posted by QBsILLEST1 View Post
    Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.
    So is catcher his permanent position or can he move to 3B or 1B?

  15. #30
    Pushmonkey's Avatar
    Pushmonkey is offline Plus Member Since 4/07 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Elkton MD
    Posts
    1,926
    So nothing new? This is pathetic that 1 out of the top 12 is signed.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

OriolesHangout.com is an unofficial site and not associated with the Baltimore Orioles and part of Hangout Ventures LLC. Copyright ©2013 | Privacy Policy | Advertise with us