+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    86this is offline Plus Member since October 2008 Major Leagues Reputation

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by cnmilton View Post
    Kind of ironic that Luke ends up injured the day Vader is signed
    It was also a Solo shot.

Glad to see Vader signed. He appears to be our first overslotter. He looks to have a physically projectable body with a solid FB and a slider that shows promise.

MurphDogg is offline Plus Member Since 04/04 - Major League Hangouter All-Star Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...s_with_tw.html

Drummond and Dunlap of UCLA have signed, though when I clicked the story I was hoping Klein had signed as well.

minor league assignments?

Thanks for the great job on this draft listing. Does anyone have a similar list of the minor league affiliates to which each signed player has been assigned?

For your viewing pleasure, I linked each player's minor league stats page.

mcpd is offline Plus Member Since '05 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
    For your viewing pleasure, I linked each player's minor league stats page.
    you da man

Quote Originally Posted by mcpd View Post
    you da man
    You might regret I did it, once you look at the numbers...

Frobby is offline Hangout Blogger Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    You might regret I did it, once you look at the numbers...
    No kidding!

Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.
    I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?

Quote Originally Posted by Frobby View Post
    No kidding!

Scott Copeland (#21) and Tim Adleman (#24) are doing pretty nicely. Copeland's 4.50 ERA seems out of line with his BAA, WHIP, GO/AO and other numbers.
    I repeat a question I asked already but nobody has answered: isn't it a bit unusual to have signed so few of our top 10 as of this date? Are we now at the point where we should be worried?
    No sir, we have quite a few "overslot" picks in the top 10 and all will include some sort of more than normal negotiations and approvals. I remember the same question being asked last season. The only one I am surprised hasn't signed yet really is Bywater because he shouldn't be an overslotter....

I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.

Can_of_corn is offline Plus Member since 12/09 Hall of Fame Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    I hope these 20 catchers they drafted are good receivers, because it looks like none of them can hit. I've seen Oliveira a couple of times, and I'm pretty sure I could get him out. I'm not joking.
    I would certainly stock my minors with good receivers over good bats from the catcher position. I wouldn't want my young pitchers to be afraid to throw their good breaking ball or be worried every opposing baserunner can steal at will.

eb45 is offline Aberdeen Reporter All-Star Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.

Quote Originally Posted by eb45 View Post
    That's probably the idea with Oliveira and Goolsby. Murphy and Hornback might be able to hit a little, and Sawyer probably won't stick at catcher. Velleggia is organizational filler.
    Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.

ThisIsOurHouse is offline Plus Member since 01/12 Major Leagues Reputation Reputation
    Quote Originally Posted by QBsILLEST1 View Post
    Sawyer IMO is an offense first type guy. To me, he sounds a lot like Ohlman, and JJ saw value in that he had good offensive tools, but wasn't a nationally top ranked catcher.
    So is catcher his permanent position or can he move to 3B or 1B?

Pushmonkey is offline Plus Member Since 4/07 Major League Starter Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation Reputation
    So nothing new? This is pathetic that 1 out of the top 12 is signed.