Orioles offical denies report

Tony-OH

I just wanted to put out there that an Orioles official has contacted the Hangout and denied this report and said "it is completely inaccurate."

Now this official has no reason to lie to me but then again, neither did the other contacts.

At this point all we can do is wait. We had two different sources from two different circles of baseball tell us this was a done deal, 100 percent. Now maybe the players are a bit off or something but there just seems to be way too much smoke for their not to be some fire.

All I can say is stay tuned and we will report what we hear.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just wanted to put out there that an Orioles official has contacted the Hangout and denied this report and said "it is completely inaccurate."

Now this official has no reason to lie to me but then again, neither did the other contacts.

At this point all we can do is wait. We had two different sources from two different circles of baseball tell us this was a done deal, 100 percent. Now maybe the players are a bit off or something but there just seems to be way too much smoke for their not to be some fire.

All I can say is stay tuned and we will report what we hear.

The ability of a team to implement ample obfuscation is paramount to success.

In other words the Orioles benefit from nobody knowing what the hell is going on. Smoke and mirrors at its best. I still say the deal goes down.

The ability of a team to implement ample obfuscation is paramount to success.

In other words the Orioles benefit from nobody knowing what the hell is going on. Smoke and mirrors at its best. I still say the deal goes down.

I believe the deal goes down, too.

But I also have a feeling this may be the end of the information from most of the insiders, at least for a while. I get the sense that this deal may be part of something bigger, possibly a series of transactions or a three-team exchange, and if so then the premature info may affect it or at least embarrass AM.

He must have a good idea of who the sources are, and clamping down on them should be within his power.

If the papers are at the MLB offices, what did they do, ask MLB to rip them up? That just doesn't make sense. I think the Gossage explaination makes sense, though I don't think this would be really huge news in MLB. Roberts isn't really a superstar.

Archived