End

Group

Homepage

Interests

Occupation

Favorite Current Oriole

Favorite All Time Oriole

Found 5 results

1. I got an e-mail from the Orioles today, informing me that fans will be permitted to attend games at Camden Yards, up to a limit of 25% of capacity. I looked at that and I realized how much I would want to go to a game again. Maybe not until I'd had a chance to be vaccinated, but perhaps later in the season, if I could get a ticket. Then I read farther into the details and realized that the Orioles apparently will not sell me a ticket that I can use. They are going to use contactless digital ticketing exclusively. As far as I can understand, that means the only way people can get into the park is by showing a digital image from an app on a smartphone. I don't own a smartphone. I refuse to spend the obscene amount of money it would cost to obtain one of those things. I've been an Oriole fan for more than 60 years. I guess they don't want old geezers like me coming around Camden Yards any more.
  2. #12 Terps take on #11 Buckeyes at XFinity Center. Jalen Smith vs. Kaleb Wesson will be an interesting matchup to watch. Kyle Young might be out for Ohio State, their fourth leading scorer. Maryland is 2.5 point favorites. Let's go.
  3. Wow. When he's right.
  4. Might just be me, but seems like in post game quotes, Hyde is running tired on excuses with Davis. In the Baltimore Sun article after the Arizona series, he was quoted as saying about Chris something to the effect of "you've got to make changes to your approach." He was positive about Villar getting out of slump but didn't appear to offer same positivity about Davis. Thoughts? Could Elias/Hyde convince the Angelos brothers to cut their losses? Honest question, I'm familiar with contracts, but not MLB contracts, can we DFA Davis to Triple A and if he refuses the assignment, void the contract and not owe him any guaranteed money?
  5. Just a little update on what the Fifteen Oriole prospects back in return for Machado, Schoop, Britton, Gausman, Brach and O'Day. Bannon ,273 avg 4 hrs 27 rbi .362 obp Diaz .245 avg 6 hrs 30 rbi .322 obp Kremer 2 - 4 3.32 era 43 innings back to Frederick Pop Tommy John Surgery Valera Now with Yankees Scranton AAA .336 avg 10 hrs 35 rbi .430 obp Tate 1 - 3 4.38 era 24 innings Carroll Injured list - Back Rogers UCL injury probable Tommy John Cumberland .239 avg 2 hrs 15 rbi .369 obp Encarnacion .231 avg 7 hrs 34 rbi .286 obp Zimmerman 2 - 2 2.72 era 72 innings Phillips 0 - 0 3.53 era 12 innings Carmona .259 avg 0 hrs 0 rbi 27 abs at Aberdeen Ortiz 2 - 6 7.19 era 56 innings Villar .252 avg 10 hrs 33 rbi .315 obp Hmmmm.