• 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 141 replies
    • 13.8k views
    • 6 replies
    • 1.3k views
    • 3 replies
    • 1.1k views

• Good point on the age.  I think it would have to be someone like Nate George from this year's draft just blowing up next year. The story would be how everyone missed on him because he played in a cold weather state.    
    • First, Schmidt is having a better year than Cole. Second, the O's teed off Ragans and Lugo last time they faced them.
    • Elias needs to use better judgement when he dumpster dives, prepare better for the high percentage chance that his dumpster diving pickups will fail, and increase usage of other means to get pieces. Bullpen usage is another problem, but it’s hard to effectively juggle flaming torches. A wrong move burns badly 
    • I can see the case for Mountcastle based on defense alone, but what has Kjerstad done to warrant that kind of treatment? Is it the .505 OPS he’s put up since coming back? The overall .438 ML OPS since getting hit in the head? I’m as bummed as anyone that his season got derailed, but if you’re talking about where they are right now — he’s not your huckleberry. As for O’Hearn, he’s 8 for his last 23 (.348), with 3 doubles. That feels a little like the “getting himself together” that you referenced. He had an awful month-long slump, but he also has an extended track record (over 1.5 seasons) of excelling in the role he’s now back in, as the platoon LH 1B/DH guy. He had a 125 wRC+ in those 750 PAs as an Oriole until 8/20, which is roughly when Mountcastle went out.  I’d be good with Kjerstad DHing against LH starters, because there’s good reason to think he hits them better than O’Hearn. And if they want to play both O’Hearn and Kjerstad against some RHPs, in order to set up the potential of Mountcastle coming in to PH against a lefty reliever, I’m down for that too. But the primary alignment is going to (and should) be the Mountcastle/O’Hearn duo we’ve gotten accustomed to seeing.