• 4.2k views
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 1 reply
    • 2 replies
    • 1.1k views
    • 68 replies
    • 7.3k views

• Wishing there was a better stat for relievers.  ERA is very misleading.   Coming in with 2 runners on and giving up a bases clearing double….yay, the ERA wasn’t impacted.      We just have so many guys in the bullpen who are sub MLB quality, it’s ridiculous.  I struggle at times wondering which guys are worth retaining at all.     Baker needs to be off the roster immediately.   Useless 
    • I suggest leaving Burnes or Eflin in. But then I'm old.
    • So, the regular season is in the books for Burnes: 15-9, 194.1 IP (currently 3rd in the AL), 2.92 ERA (4th), 1.096 WHIP (7th), 8.4 K/9, 2.2 BB/9, 3.77 K/BB.  22 Quality Starts in 32 starts, and yesterday’s could have been if Hyde wasn’t resting him for the playoffs.   The team went 20-12 in his starts, basically a 100-win pace. In my book, that’s an ace performance.  I think the fact that Hyde pulled Burnes after 69 pitches foreshadows that Burnes will start game 1 of the wild card series and Eflin will be pushed back.   How Burnes does in the playoffs will significantly affect his Orioles legacy.  The main reason we got him was to have an ace for the postseason.    
    • There’s a good chance McCann starts game one with Burnes. Big roster. We can always move Adley from DH to C late in the game. Lose the DH, but have a big enough bench to just pinch hit and double switch to hide the pitcher’s spot coming up.  So really we’d only be sacrificing 2 ABs from O’Hearn/Mounty/Kjerstad but we get Burnes throwing to his boy every pitch. 
    • We would have lost last night regardless due to zero runs scored by the offense. It is worrisome that Cano looked awful in back to back games. After talk about arm soreness. He has been the one reliable guy. Once we fell behind I don't really care how bad Bowman and Baker are. Hopefully they don't even make the roster for the playoffs.