• 82 replies
    • 7.9k views
    • 172 replies
    • 21.4k views
    • 1.1k replies
    • 116.5k views
    • 74 replies
    • 6k views
    • I think there are numerous examples of players coming up and struggling, then getting sent back to Triple A to work on things and coming up different players. Whether you want call that something other than rushed, "not ready" or "in need of more development", I won't argue semantics  Now maybe they need that to experience that failure in the majors sometimes to know what they need to go back down and work on.   That could be a valid point to make.  But saying that there is no such thing as rushed takes the possibility for additional development that could have occurred in the minor leagues, out of the equation.  
    • Overwhelmingly, players career years is at age 26. He's already 25, yes he can be a late bloomer but remember most great prospects come up at ages 20-23. Holidays got 5 years on him.
    • I think you'd see a much stronger correlation to how they were rated in the minors vs. draft position. Westburg has been treated similarly to Cowser and Kjerstad. Adley, Gunnar and Holliday were all consensus #1 prospects and have been given pretty much immediate every day player status.
    • Game ball or the equivalent of hockey star(s) of the game for me: Suarez — all of those zero’s on the road, gets my game ball. Kimbrel is my runner-up. I know striking out Trout with the bases loaded is the job, but it ain’t easy. Cowser - Honorable Mention. I’m still not 100 percent in on the Milkman nickname, but he sure is fun to watch.
    • Yeah - I was thinking Beavers could fill that spot, but it seems he is more suited for a corner outfield position, if he makes the bigs at all.