Talking Minor Leagues

Game Threads

Discuss the game

O's Amateur Draft and International Signings

All O's Amateur Draft and International Signings Talk

MLB

Talk baseball

Plus Members Exclusive Scouting Reports and Content

For Plus Members only: Special major and minor league news and content including exclusive scouting reports and quotes from players, coaches, scouts, and front office people.

1. Read Forum

Maryland Terp Football

All Terps football talk!

Maryland Terp Basketball

Another National Championship or bust?

Maryland and NCAA Baseball

Talk about Terps and NCAA baseball!

NCAA Football

Talk NCAA Football

NCAA Basketball

Talk NCAA Hoops

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Popular Contributors

• So most of the post mortem in this thread is talking about the Humphrey injury, the defense giving up points late, Lamar struggling.  ALL true. But there's not a single word about the fact that this game was lost at the line of scrimmage.   They had 7 sacks, about 15 QB hurries.    I'm not making excuses for Lamar, he has made some terrible throws and decisions.   But we are getting destroyed up front and he is under constant pressure.   Chris Wormley had more sacks for Pittsburgh yesterday than he did in his entire Raven career. You can't talk about this game for 9 pages without at least mentioning the fact that the biggest factor is that we can't create a pocket for our QB.  
    • Fair enough.   But that information doesn't speak to things such as age and overall health.  Mancini, I'm assuming, would be in the 99th percentile for someone who's overall health would help him in a fight against cancer.   55+ and overweight?  Yes, I'd believe those numbers.  But for someone who's in 29 and excellent physical condition to start with, I think Mancini's odds are better.  
    • I have a lot of experience with loved ones having cancer.   Once it gets to the lymph system it is very dangerous and unpredictable.  Here is what a quick search on the  internet says: Stage III colon cancers have spread to nearby lymph nodes, but they have not yet spread to other parts of the body. Surgery to remove the section of the colon with the cancer (partial colectomy) along with nearby lymph nodes, followed by adjuvant chemo is the standard treatment for this stage. A stage III colon cancer has about a 40 percent chance of cure. What Frobby has done twice is ignore Trey's cancer.  I don't think any GM can do that.
    • Losing Humphrey might be one too many injuries to overcome, but honestly, I thought he took a step back this year. He's looked a step slow most of the year and we all know he's not a play maker when it comes to interceptions. Still, he was the guy they really could not afford to lose due to the thin amount of talent at corner this year for the Ravens after all the injuries.
    • I'm not a fan of Termarr's body type.  I think his bat would have to be pretty incredible to be considered for the first pick.