1. Orioles and Baseball

1. Read Forum

Orioles Talk

Anything Orioles

Minors

Talking Minor Leagues

Plus Members Exclusive Scouting Reports and Content

For Plus Members only: Special major and minor league news and content including exclusive scouting reports and quotes from players, coaches, scouts, and front office people.

Game Threads

Discuss the game

O's Amateur Draft Talk

All Amateur draft talk

MLB

Talk baseball

1. Read Forum

Maryland Terp Football

All Terps football talk!

Maryland Terp Basketball

Another National Championship or bust?

Maryland and NCAA Baseball

Talk about Terps and NCAA baseball!

NCAA Football

Talk NCAA Football

NCAA Basketball

Talk NCAA Hoops
Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Popular Contributors

• I would love to see nothing but bad things for the Red Sox but the current Betts narrative is stupid.
    • Well, last night was fun.  Glad to see Kershaw get a win and dominate.  And to see all of Betts' skills on display was a treat, too. I am loooooooooooooving all the articles/people looking at the SAWX and saying HOW COULD YOU HAVE LET THIS GUY GO?!?!?!  I hope this is the new Curse, that they go another 96 years or whatever without winning a Series. I'm good with either team winning.  I'd like to see the Dodgers win and to see Kershaw get a ring, he deserves one.  And if the Rays win, it's a victory for the little guys everywhere.  
    • Good to know all that about Baumler.   Greinke was a state-ranked tennis player, excellent golfer and also played basketball and volleyball.    And, he played SS when not pitching.   So, they both have a lot going for them.    Let’s just say that Greinke’s athleticism has translated very well to various skills that help him to be a great all-around baseball player.   I’d love it if Baumler’s athleticism translates in a similar way.   
    • Wasn't my intention to suggest otherwise. Just underlining it and pointing out that it's not a negative lest anyone read that and say "well, Jomar never became anything."
    • Manny finished the year with a .304/.370/.580/.950 batting line over 60 games, notching 2.8 rWAR. Would be a 7 WAR season even extrapolated over 150 games. That would be good for his 3rd best year of his career, just behind 2015 (7.5) and 2016 (7.3), years in which he played 162 and 157 games, respectively. If we spread it over 162 games, it would be 7.6, which would be his best of his career.  Obviously, he might not keep up the pace. Alternatively, his pace could have improved. Point is that he had a hell of a year and there's no way the Padres are upset about the deal right now sitting at the end of 2020.