Talking Minor Leagues

Game Threads

Discuss the game

O's Amateur Draft and International Signings

All O's Amateur Draft and International Signings Talk

MLB

Talk baseball

Plus Members Exclusive Scouting Reports and Content

For Plus Members only: Special major and minor league news and content including exclusive scouting reports and quotes from players, coaches, scouts, and front office people.

1. Read Forum

Maryland Terp Football

All Terps football talk!

Maryland Terp Basketball

Another National Championship or bust?

Maryland and NCAA Baseball

Talk about Terps and NCAA baseball!

NCAA Football

Talk NCAA Football

NCAA Basketball

Talk NCAA Hoops

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Popular Contributors

• I reject the idea that MD isn't an easy top 20 gig in the country.  Maybe  a little luster is off because of leaving the ACC (worst decision ever), but you're talking about a large fanbase for college basketball; top-notch facilities; a long and storied history; a campus in a large and attractive urban market; and you're the home town team, and really only major player, in probably a top 5 area for amateur talent in the country. There's no reason that MD shouldn't consistently be in the Sweet 16 and a coach/AD who can't produce those results should not be tolerated.
    • There is a Maryland basketball forum elsewhere on this website.   It’s worth discussing but really should be posted there.   
    • Overall, OPS is a better measure of offense than OBP by itself.   It just isn’t as good as it could be because it puts too much weight on the SLG component.   
    • You listed 17 schools, plus the 12 schools I listed.  That's 29.  I think Maryland is definitively better than Iowa, FSU, USC, TAMU, and Tennessee.  And Alabama as well.  I could make a case for a few others on that list as well to put it inside the top 20, but I could go either way on those.    Regardless I think that top-25 is the absolute floor for MD in terms of HC destination.  I think that is different from saying Maryland is a top-25 program.  Most of those programs have more recent success than Maryland, but for a prospective coach, potential matters as well, and Maryland's potential is sky-high.
    • Not bad. Here's mine: CF Mullins 2B Urias 1B Mountcastle RF Santander DH Mancini C Adley LF Hays 3B Odor SS Mateo