Talking Minor Leagues

Game Threads

Discuss the game

O's Amateur Draft and International Signings

All O's Amateur Draft and International Signings Talk

MLB

Talk baseball

Plus Members Exclusive Scouting Reports and Content

For Plus Members only: Special major and minor league news and content including exclusive scouting reports and quotes from players, coaches, scouts, and front office people.

1. Read Forum

Maryland Terp Football

All Terps football talk!

Maryland Terp Basketball

Another National Championship or bust?

Maryland and NCAA Baseball

Talk about Terps and NCAA baseball!

NCAA Football

Talk NCAA Football

NCAA Basketball

Talk NCAA Hoops

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Popular Contributors

• It’s pretty hard to find good comps for Mancini, and I’d say his offensive performance in 2022 will have a lot of influence on his future value.   Mancini has a career OPS+ of 115.  Last year Kyle Schwarber was coming off a very bad 2020 (88 OPS+) but got a 1/$10 mm contract based on his career 113 OPS+.   This year he put up 148 OPS+ but in 113 games.   I’m hearing he may get 3/$60 mm.    David Peralta had a 115 OPS+ through 2019, when he signed an extension for 3/$22 mm.   He was a little older than Mancini; the extension covered his ages 32-34 seasons.  Mancini will be 30 this year.    Then you have a guy like Wil Myers who had a 110 OPS+ through 2016 including 115 OPS+ that year, and signed for 6/$83 mm including $22.5 mm/yr for three FA years.    Mark Trumbo had a career 113 OPS+ and was coming off his 47 homer, 122 OPS+ campaign when he signed for 3/$37.5 mm with the O’s.   Not clear he could have got close to that elsewhere.   Long and short, Mancini is in a sort of in-betweenish spot, and how he does in 2022 will matter a lot to his FA value.       
    • I honestly don't think the ravens win another game this season. Cleveland is coming off a bye and hasn't had to watch film on another team in three weeks. The Packers are on bye this week, will be well rested and will be seeing a secondary without 3 of its top 4 players. The Bengals barring a serious Burrow injury are playing well, with an elite level of offense, loss this week not withstanding. The Rams are pretty stacked and healthy. Maybe the ravens can get the steelers at home but I seriously doubt it.  At the end of the season they may be running out some players who weren't even in the league last week with the rate of their injuries.
    • It’s really hard for me to see a path to the playoffs right now.     I know things happen and they probably only need 2 more wins but no Humphrey vs what we have left is devastating.  I know it seems like he has been down this year but he really has played well overall and the secondary depth is just decimated.