About DoobyDoo

• Rank
    Plus Member since 05/03
  • Birthday 12/23/1984

Personal Information

• Homepage
    http://

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. MASN has BA's list in this article: https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/10/a-look-at-baseball-americas-os-top-10-list.html 1. Adley Rutschman 2. Grayson Rodriguez 3. DL Hall 4. Gunnar Henderson 5. Colton Cowser 6. Jordan Westburg 7. Kyle Stowers 8. Heston Kjerstad 9. Kyle Bradish 10. Coby Mayo
  2. Another solid outing for Pinto: 5 IP, 3 H, 2 R (1 ER), 1 BB, 8 SO Numbers at Delmarva so far: 1.75 ERA, 25.2 IP, 14 H, 0 HR, 6 BB, 31 SO Hopefully, he keeps this up for the rest of the year and starts next year at Aberdeen.
  3. Another good outing today: 6 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 0 BB, 6 SO
  4. Good outing for Bradish today: 5 IP, 2 H, 0 R, 1 BB, 7 SO
  5. Do you consider his two 5 IP 3 runs allowed games great? I’d say the first one was decent and the second one was mediocre considering that he allowed 2 HR. You’re taking out the terrible start he made yesterday. That still happened regardless of whatever strikezone he was dealing with. He definitely had one outstanding start in those 4 starts, but I’m not seeing anything necessarily great in those 3 other starts.
  6. Grayson Rodriguez’s past 4 starts: 5 IP, 5 H, 3 R (1 ER), 3 K, 0 BB, 1 HR 5 IP, 3 H, 3 ER, 6 K, 0 BB, 2 HR 5 IP, 2 H, 1 R (0 ER), 1 BB, 12 K 1.2 IP, 3 H, 4 ER, 2 BB, 5 K, 1 HR Outside of that one outstanding start, he hasn’t been that great lately. His overall numbers are good at Bowie and I wouldn’t necessarily have an issue with promoting him, but I also wouldn’t mind him spending another few weeks there.
  7. Kyle Stowers 2021 (A+ & AA) 212 AB, 13 HR, .406 OBP, .537 SLG, .943 OPS, 41 BB, 86K Austin Hays 2017 (A+ & AA) 523 AB, 32 HR, .365 OBP, .593 SLG, .958 OPS, 25 BB, 85 K I thought this was an interesting comparison. From what I remember, Austin Hays went on to be a top 100 prospect after his 2017 year. He was only 21 where as Stowers is 23. This comparison also highlights just how much Stowers is striking out as he has already struck out more than Hays did in far fewer at bats. That is offset somewhat by Stowers much better walk rate & OBP.
  8. https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/01/os-international-efforts-will-soon-take-another-big-step.html
  9. I thought he looked a lot better than his first outing. He threw some good sliders. I like that he’s not afraid to throw his change up. He was better at locating it in this outing, but it doesn’t appear to be a great pitch to me judging by the hitters reaction to it. I think if he locates it well, it’ll be fine, but he can’t get away with even occasional poor location of it like someone like John Means can because I don’t think his change up is deceptive enough. He was better with his fastball location as well, but the velocity was only 89-91. I was surprised by that since I know he impro
  10. There were articles last year about Bundy altering his pitch usage while here. Here’s one of them regarding throwing less fastballs: https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/orioles/bs-sp-orioles-dylan-bundy-pitch-mix-20190614-story.html I don’t think this is a matter of the Orioles being unaware of the changes he needed to make. It looks like he just expanded on what he started to do last year. Either way, I seriously doubt he’s going to continue pitching this well.
  11. I honestly didn’t hear about the track man minor league stuff until now, so I read an article about it. I’m assuming you’re referring to the accusations that they altered trackman data to influence how other teams receive the value of their prospects in potential trades? That’s definitely sketchy and points to the unethical vibes of the organization. I’m not sure if that would’ve been at his direction or if that’d be an analytics department issue. Either way, I’m not debating whether they knew or not about the sign stealing and it’s certainly clear that they were a part of an unethica
  12. Where did I say that they did not know? To me, knowing is not the same as being a direct, active participant. We’ll see what happens as the season progresses and more continues to come out about this story. I doubt that Elias will be connected, but I’m not going to pretend that I’m 100% certain of that.
  13. My question for you is why are you so sure that they were involved? Just because they were part of the Astros organization is not a good enough reason. Just thinking of this in a standard business organizational sense, it really doesn’t make sense for Elias to be directly involved in an analytics based scheme that affected the major league club. His department, as I understand it, was with minor league scouting, player development and the draft. Why would he cross departments to have a say in something that affects the major league/analytics department? What kind of involvement do
  14. <p><p><p>Happy Birthday!</p></p></p>

15. <p><p><p>Not really. I might have posted a couple of times last year, but that was it. I still read the forum everyday, though.</p></p></p>