2,965 Hall of Famer

About wildcard

• Rank
    Plus Member since 11/03

Personal Information

• Homepage
    http://

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. Pretty simple statement, right. But with Hays coming off the IL, what does it mean? To me it means "If you hit, you play." That means players that are hitting don't sit at this point. Maybe later when its hot or they are tired but not now. So Mullins CF (928 OPS), Urias 2B (816 OPS) Franco 3B (757 OPS), Stewart LF/DH (756 OPS), Galvis SS (725 OPS) should play every games, as long as they keep hitting. Hyde says he will use a rotation with Hays returning. Who should be in the position player rotation? My answer is those that normally hit well but are not hitting well now. Mancini 1B/DH , Mountcastle 1B/DH, Santander RF and Hays OF should be in the rotation until they start hitting well. That means they play 3 games out of every 4 games. (Mountcastle looked good at 1B the passed few games. He doesn't need to play LF with Hays and Stewart available.) The leaves Severino/Sisco sharing catcher where neither is hitting. And Ruiz who should be a bench player for now at 2B/3B. That is the way I would try to improve the offense. When someone hits better they play more. When the don't hit they sit more. Seems simple to me. What is your take on who should be in Hyde's position player rotation?
  2. Question: If Hyde had pinch run Ruiz for Franco, do you think Ruiz would have scored?
  3. I don't think we know what Lopez will do under Holt. He has the stuff. And so far he seems good for the first few innings. Its a question of maintaining the control. Being able to get through the lineup several times. And I think a lot of it is him having confidence in his stuff. He has a long history of being bad. He knows that. He need to keep building. I like what Holt is doing with him so far. We will see how much he can improve over past seasons.
  4. Elias is not saying he does not care about winning. Here is an interview with Rob Long where he talks about wanting to win this season. https://www.audacy.com/1057thefan/authors/big-bad-morning-show
  5. I like Hays in left and Mullins is center. Hays does not seem to dive as much in left. Keeping Hays healthy is key and if playing left keeps him on the field that is what I would do.
  6. That is the key point IMO.
  7. Lopez earned another start. With two off days in the next week it will be interesting to see what Hyde does with the rotation.
  8. Who are the O's going to option to make that happen?
  9. wildcard

Tankathon

Its just crazy that Mountcastle did not play some 1B in ST.
  10. Lopez has not allowed a run in the first two innings of both of his starts. If he does that again tonight I think the O's hold on to him as a reliever if he isn't a good starter. I don't know which way the O's will go but I don't see it as a big deal if Kremer is optioned. He goes to Bowie, works on this control and is eligible to return in 10 days. What we don't know is whether Akin or Lowther are ready to start in the majors.
  11. The O's have announced the starter for tonight's game vs Texas as Jorge Lopez and Sunday's starter as John Means. But Saturday's starter is TBD. It is Kremer place in the rotation but because of the rainout he would be pitching on three days rest. Maybe something the O's will not want to do to a pitcher that has not been doing that well in his first two starts. So the options are: 1) Start Kremer on three days rest 2) Start Valdez, LeBlanc, Plutko or Wells from the current major league staff 3) Call up Lowther or Akin and option Kremer What would you do? What will Elias/Hyde do?
  12. If Lakins can lower this WHIP from last year it will be a big help to go along with his new found velocity.
  13. 1. I am not sure that winning the AL East is the goal. The goal is the win the World Series. To do that the O's need to be consistent contenders. Be in the playoffs year after year. I think we will see this off season the O's flip the switch and some quality short term contract FAs signed along with the arrival of Adley and the development of the pitching staff. That will be the beginning for the next window. I think they will be serious contenders by 2023. 2. A modified version of the Tampa model is about the only one I see working for the O's. They are a smallish market team. Don't have the revenue to compete for the high dollar FAs. I don't much care for giving a 29-30 year old players a 5 year contract anyway. I hope O's ownership and management has learned that is not the way to go. The engine is the farm system. Fueled by the draft and international signings. That is the Tampa model. I have faith in the O's ability to develop pitchers and position players through their improved staff and methods. Looking at last years FAs there were quite a few good players that were signed to 1 or 2 year contracts to fill holes on a short term basis. The Os modification is that Baltimore can handle a higher overall payroll than Tampa. 3. I agree that the current MLB structure is not fair to smaller teams. The structure is not going to change in any meaningful way. That is why smart management of small market teams is required beat the system. That is what the Tampa system is all about.
  14. 100% chance of rain tonight in Baltimore. Does not look good. BOOoooooooooOOOoooooOOOOo.