Personal Information

• Homepage
    http://
  • Interests
    Watching my O's and Terps, Weight training
  • Occupation
    Self Employed
  • Favorite All Time Oriole
    Cal Ripken (Mussina before he became a Yank)

Recent Profile Visitors

2,735 profile views
  1. I recall Brady's arm being pretty average. Career batting average was .256. Of course more importantly he had a .362 career OBP which is part of the reason he was one of the best Orioles ever. Brady had the speed, power, and defense certainly. It's tough to find a true five tool player. Even with Mike Trout, his arm has always been considered average at best. Manny had one year where he stole 20 bases, but he never had more than average foot speed. Roberto Alomar is the closest player I can think of out of O's I've seen play in my lifetime. Might be able to argue that he didn't have the great power tool but he was good for 15-20 home runs a season in the prime of his career.
  2. The most hyped O’s prospect I’ve seen in the internet age is pretty clearly, Matt Wieters. Outside of the last 20-25 years, it’s hard to compare. Because the media and fan hype dynamics just aren’t the same. Adley could exceed Matt if he’s shredding through minor league pitching the same way.
  3. It’s hard for me to imagine that there won’t be travel restrictions in NYC at a minimum deep into the Spring and maybe Summer months. As far as insuring at any point that there will be absolutely “no risk to the players”, this seems an impossible standard to meet any time soon. I’m trying to remain optimistic but it’s looking more and more like we won’t be getting a season.
  4. The death rate with COVID-19 is estimated at about 1.4 percent. With H1N1 it was .03 percent. That makes the corona virus about 50 times more deadly. That's the important number. Some medical experts have forecasted 40-70 percent of the population getting this. If just 20 percent of the population got COVID-19 as they did H1N1 that would still equate to about 600,000 deaths roughly. It will be in the millions if some of these experts are correct. I'm skeptical that we have a season at this point because it just takes one player being infected to lock a whole team down. Then how does the rest of the league go on playing games at that point?
  5. I like Hanser Alberto leading off against lefties and DJ Stewart against right handers. Hays just does not walk enough, although maybe sticking him in the leadoff spot will make him focus more on his approach.
  6. There is more to having a good fastball than velocity, his of which is above average for a lefty. Generates a lot of swings and misses up in the zone. Has already shown to play up (95-96) in shorter outings in the Arizona Fall League. So it's above average by most accounts. I never claimed he would reach his ceiling or that everything would go right for him. In fact, I said I expected him to end up in the pen. So I'm not sure where you are going. Also, if you haven't been paying attention we could use some pitchers with average big league stuff. Am I excited about him? Not really. I was just trying to point out the absurdity of you calling him organizational filler.
  7. Not an organizational filler. He's always had trouble going deep into games. It's unlikely he can put it together as a starter. But I think he's got a good chance to be a 2-3 inning bullpen guy throwing 95 from the left side (rare) and can get both lefties and righties out. Those guys are valuable in today's game.
  8. An above average fastball from the left side and two solid average secondary pitches. He led the international league in strike outs last year as a 24 year old. That's not nothing. Maybe if you are too lazy to look up stats and scouting reports on minor league players you shouldn't provide such definitive commentary on them.
  9. Yeah, I don't think you understand the meaning of organizational filler. Organization fillers are guys who are used to fill out minor league rosters and will be lucky to get a cup of coffee in the majors. Akin is a real prospect. Not one of our better ones, but has a solid shot at being some type of contributor. Whether that is as a starter or multi-inning reliever out of the pen remains to be seen.
  10. I prefer the quick pulling of the plug to keeping guys on the roster who are fringe major leaguers and compromising the 25 man roster, which is typically what the organization has done in the past.
  11. I didn’t see Keegan Akin mentioned. He has no chance to make this team?
  12. There are at least 20 teams in MLB that have a chance to go to the playoffs this year. A lot of parity in the middle. The top is really good and the bottom is really bad. That has to make you a little optimistic. A little less so when you consider that we have to play in the AL east. We are the worst of the worst on paper IMO.
  13. I could see him in Delmarva until mid May and then spending most of the season in Frederick with a late season promotion to Bowie. The fact that he struggled in Delmarva in limited at bats last season emboldens my prediction. Of course, they could start him in Frederick. But I've seen Elias quoted using the "nothing to lose" justification for conservative placements.
  14. I fully expect Henderson and Hernaiz to start in Aberdeen. The organization has been conservative with placements/promotions and they have even preferred to start the advanced college guys in Delmarva. I would not be surprised if even Rutschman started in Delmarva.
  15. .831 for Hays seems especially aggressive. He's struggled for large portions of his last two minor league seasons. Not to expect some significant struggles in his first full big league season seems unreasonable. I'd be overjoyed if he broke .800 on the season. I'm not expecting Mancini and Alberto to repeat their 2019 performances. That's extremely wishful thinking, both coming off of career years.