UMDTerrapins

Plus Member
  • Content Count

• Last visited

• Days Won

UMDTerrapins last won the day on December 20 2014

UMDTerrapins had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

548 Triple-A

About UMDTerrapins

• Rank
    Plus Member Since 12/07
  • Birthday 3/12/1970

Personal Information

• Favorite All Time Oriole
    Eddie Murray

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. That's the guy I would have wanted, but we would have never paid for, and who would have never signed on to our situation.
  2. Unless I'm mistaken, the O's can drop players from their roster at any time, including right before the eventual Rule V draft. So presumably this isn't to create space for the Rule V draft, and implies an expectation that they'll need to make room imminently. Unless of course, it doesn't. 😃
  3. Miami and Texas are really getting their work in.
  4. Ollie's Bargain Outlet at Oriole Park at Camden Yards has a nice ring to it!
  5. Interesting strategy to sign a bunch of guys to insane, record-breaking contracts as you're about to lockout the sport so you can negotiate a new CBA, where you'll make your case that you can't possibly share more revenue with the players. Hey, at least we know they're not colluding!
  6. We're in the character building humility stage of our fandom. So we have that going for us......which is nice.
  7. Well that's disappointing. But my post is just for illustrative purposes anyhow.....that dealing Mullins could make a lot of sense with the right return.
  8. If you took SG's trade suggestion from page 1 of this thread (which would require a little more back on Baltimore's side IMO), and sign Freddy Galvis to another short term deal, here is a rough mockup of our 2022 lineup: C - Adley Rutschman, 1B - Ryan Mountcastle, 2B - Ramon Urias, SS - Freddy Galvis, 3B - Brian Anderson, LF - Austin Hays, CF - Ryan McKenna, RF - DJ Stewart, DH - Trey Mancini S1 - John Means, S2 - Grayson Rodriguez, S3 - Pablo Lopez, S4 - Max Meyer, S5 - Kyle Bradish CL - Tyler Wells, Cole Sulser, Tanner Scott, Keegan Akin, Mike Baumann, Jorge Lopez, Dillon Tat
  9. I wish I knew more about how much each side is willing to dig in. My assumption is that the owners aren't going to go for a payroll floor, and that the players aren't going to fight to the death for it. I think the players hold firm on the service clock issue, and that it will be changed. I guess the issue players care most about is being paid earlier in their careers, and I think that's not without merit. My hope is that instead of sweeping changes that the owners will resist, they tweak something a little more familiar to the existing system, like making players arbitration eligible quicker.
  10. Have you ever written out a really long post, only to trash the whole thing because you realize you said virtually nothing that adds to the discussion? ps - you're welcome
  11. I don't disagree with that conceptually, but I don't think it's going to happen simply because I don't think other teams will pony up the kind of return we'd need to justify trading Means, and for the same kinds of concerns that make me open to trading him.....that I don't trust he'll be able to perform at the same level he's presently seen as being.
  12. Spent some time the other night looking at other rosters and Miami, Texas, Atlanta, and San Francisco looked like the best bets for dealing Mullins. And the kind of prospects SF could deal from didn't wow me. Same with Philadelphia. Roll Tide's suggestion of Jung/Winn seems like a reach to me, but that would be a great deal.