Inducting the Red Sox and Yankees into the Hall of Pain
  • Occupation
    Physicist
  • Favorite Current Oriole
    Crush Davis
  • Favorite All Time Oriole
    Eddie Murray

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

1. I doubt Hyde would resign. He's 47, has many baseball years ahead of him, and likely would have opportunities to be a bench coach after this, especially with Maddon's endorsement. Resigning when the going got tough wouldn't look good to a future employer.
  2. It sounds like there's not a great amount of training and communication to the front line customer service staff, and that at least some of your issues were resolved by their supervisor who was in the know. I'd just ask to speak with a supervisor each time, much like most other customer service situations in other businesses. As for the Dugout Club, yes based on the in-game MASN promos, it has been replaced by Kids Cheer Free Plus https://www.mlb.com/orioles/fans/kids/cheer-free What isn't clear, at least to me, is whether the four vouchers means one per game for four games (
  3. Just me, or is that a really bad place to park your car?
  4. I'll give Elias & co. some credit that they clearly have a plan and executed it with no ambiguity. Namely, draft college kids with a track record (i.e., data), draft positional players to be top heavy on that side and use some of them to trade for pitching later, and let other orgs pay for the pitchers' development. But man alive, when your manager states the obvious and says the team is in dire need of rotation help, and you don't use the draft to stock up on future pitching talent, you're really putting all of your chips on the value you're hoping you are accumulating on the positional
  5. Okay which one of you is Mike Elias? Amazing troll job with this drafting, Mike.
  6. Very well could be. I see an Orioles front office who has likely been told by ownership that their patience is dwindling, and they have until 2023 (or 2024) to field a competitor. College players are more likely to contribute sooner. Doesn't do Elias & co. any good to draft a HS project who takes 4-5 years to reach the big leagues, if Elias isn't around to reap the benefits.
  7. His short video package on MLB Network showed two bloop hits and a seeing eye single, lol. Maybe the producer doesn't like this pick.
  8. You have fished your wish! Would love to get a scouting report, if you have time.
  9. I'll watch at least the first ten or so picks. I've come this far in getting familiar with them, I'm interested to see how it plays out.
  10. I'll go Davis. It would be a very unique strategy to have a middle of the order catcher every day, AND have both bats in the lineup.
  11. Lopez seems very well suited to being the long reliever after the "opener". A team like TB may see that for a trade. Which begs the question -- why are the O's not trying the opener strategy, with Lopez then pitching twice through the lineup? Not much to lose in trying at this point.
  12. Interesting article. Thanks for posting. This stuck out like a sore thumb. Oh no. Not again. Two names generating particular buzz are outfielders Sal Frelick (Boston College) and Colton Cowser (Sam Houston State).... The talk isn’t being generated by their play on the field as much as it is the people in the seats behind home plate, as multiple sources have noted high-level executives, including general managers with picks in the top six, bearing down on the duo. If teams focus on their concerns about the top talents, Frelick and Cowser could turn into potential early-pick money savers
  13. Having survived the Brandon Fahey / Freddie "Boom Boom" Bynum year (2008, IIRC), I'm happy if the SS at least makes the routine plays. Our pitching is bad enough without giving extra outs. The eye test suggests to me that Galvis is about on par with JJ Hardy defensively, a notch below Iglesias (who makes highlight reel plays).