• Birthday 9/3/1963

Personal Information

The Thriving Metropolis of Burkeville, VA
  • Interests
    I like our team.
  • Occupation
    Retired Banker / Farmer
  • Favorite Current Oriole
    Manny ok Britton, ok Schoop ok AJ...Yeah AJ..um Elias?
  • Favorite All Time Oriole
    Brooks Cal Jim Eddie Frank and Earl

Recent Profile Visitors

2,872 profile views
  1. I think that underscores that the management has been relatively good in the sense that they have managed work loads. The problem is that too few of the pitchers have pitched well.
  2. The one thing I think everyone agrees on is that there needs to be investment in the ML roster and I too like the idea of not wasting time as our young talent begins arriving. It is difficult to understate how much better this team would look with even average pitching. Even before Adley and Grayson arrive. I do not think it would be wise to trade our depth for someone like Price for one year. that. I just don’t think trading even long shots with 6 years of value are worth one year of Price. Regardless of how much salary is paid by someone else. I think someone
  3. The contrarian view might be that the Orioles were in fact stealing or picking up and signaling the pitches and got caught. I don’t think this is the case. I don’t. But IF there was a team that that would try to cheat, do it badly and get caught…..I mean come on.
  4. I don't like the idea of trading Mullins. But, both of these trades would be hard to say no to from this end... I think this price might be too rich...but I could see someone really overpaying at next years trade deadline if Mullins is still holding where he has in 2021. Welcome aboard.
  5. Classy move Twisted Logic. Thanks and good luck to the Blue Jays the rest of the way.
  6. This is not true... This is Hollywood rewrite. These are just some of the facts: Lew Ford personally caused Raffygate, gave Tejada the "B-12" needles, stepped on a chalk foul line the day in 2007 when Dave Trembley was given the the full time job while the Orioles were leading 3-0. And he personally convinced Peter Angelos to circle back to Chris Davis AND also convinced Buck Showalter to "save" Britton until the O's had the lead in '16. Britton finished the year with 47 Saves, got traded in 17 and in 18 the Orioles won 47 games....All because of Lew Ford. Some say he in
  7. The O's were not fleeced. It still seems to me that both Buck and Dan were ready to move on and ownership made a decision to keep him. HWSNBN (He who shall not be named) may or may not have cheated to get his contract. Whether he did or did not, if the O's were not aware of it that is on them. Once HWSNBN signed and sucked, he clearly quit working and was uncomfortable being challenged to change. It also appears that HWSNBN was convinced (Self delusion or perhaps an certain agent) that it was his duty to take the money. HWSNBN gave at least 2% of his contract to charity.
  8. Wonderful words Tony. He hung on for the ride and made it better for all of us.
  9. I would think...and not trying in any way to add politics, but if the current tax plans of the Biden Administration are enacted it would double capital gains, increase corporate taxes, do away with step up in basis and increase the estate tax. If all of those things happen, I would think a sale would be inevitable.
  10. Bottom line...I hate it for him. I am sure he does not try to keep being hurt. But I don't think anyone in Baltimore is "counting" on Harvey at this point.
  11. Apologize for not reading thread all the way through yet.... I don't really disagree with any of this. Tony its pretty spot on. But I will say this....after the 14 years, when Delmon Young hit that double....I'm not gonna lie, I didn't care about the 14 years. Just wanted that moment to grow and last. Will do the same if and when.....