LTO's

Members
  • Content Count

• Last visited

Everything posted by LTO's

1. I think it has very little to do with service time and more with being deliberate with promotions/development and getting an adequate number of ABs at each level to map out Sig's projections. Tate, like most of our prospects, isn't in that caliber that you need to be worried about service time manipulation as unfortunate as that is.
  2. Looked fantastic. Hall's year is textbook "don't scout the stat line" and trust the stuff.
  3. Literally nothing in his advanced stats would predict a fall that far. His walks are up, Ks are down, FBs are up so is his hard contact %. You really can't be ignorant enough to believe this. GMs in charge of winning franchises clearly don't agree with your assessment and as always, if they disagree with you, they're probably right. He has a 1.8 fWar and 130 wRC+ going into the break while being forced to play a position he clearly doesn't belong at. Someone will take him and put him at first or DH and he'll provide immense value for them. Hence why teams are interested.
  4. Very clearly a strike. MLB zone agrees.
  5. Pham just pulled a Davis right there. How you don't swing there is beyond me. Armstrong made a fantastic pitch but man....what are you doing?
  6. Hyde is in an impossible situation with this team but jeez man Bleier should've been out of there a few batters ago. Embarrassing to let him bring the tying run to the plate. Very Buck like.
  7. This is BP. A perfect case study in what happens when you "pitch to contact" in 2019.
  8. Bleier is really awful. Having Rangers game flashbacks
  9. Coincidentally one of my other favorite innings of this season came in Tampa after Givens blew the save and Rickard hit the go ahead double in extras.
  10. In the Athletic article Perez says they are going to spend 60-70% of their slots tomorrow. I know that will freak out the usual suspects but he said they plan on using the rest on any late risers they like. No signings over a million but "over 10" will be in the 6 figure range.
  11. LTO's

Trade Market

Bundy, like Gausman, has drawn interest from teams basically his entire time here despite never putting up good stats. I wouldn't be shocked if they traded him. Cashner and Villar seem like the most obvious choices though.
  12. He's a talking point machine who never tells the full story. Appel was the entire industry's consensus number 1. But for argument's sake, sure that's a miss. The Brady Aiken situation was bizarre but he always neglects to mention that Aiken not signing turned into Elias taking Bregman who is already one of the best players in baseball. Oh, and they got Kyle Tucker that same year who's a top 10 prospect. And in between those "misses" he drafted Correa who's by far the best player taken in that first round and got Lance McCullers at 41.
  13. Yeah certainly there is no risk of sustaining a bad injury in those 3 years. Better to just turn a life changing amount of money to go do something you can do at anytime with the millions of dollars you're about receive.
  14. He's not a TOR type pitcher. Any competent franchise should able to replace his production. Now given how embarrassing the previous regime was at creating a consistent talent pipeline/accurately assessing free agent pitching, it's fair to question whether it was too much. But at face value, it wasn't too much at all.
  15. Sure. My point is that the Orioles HAVE signed 100s of these players and they haven't amounted to anything. They won't make any headway here unless they start continually giving out 100k+ and million dollar bonuses. They have already spent more than they've ever spent and we've been told that will continue this summer. I'm taking Elias at his word here because he's already shown progress in this area and I fully trust Perez's track record. Trust it a lot more than a few grumps on here to be perfectly honest.
  16. Now do Eloy Jimenez, Vlad Jr, Wander Franco, Gleyber Torres, Gary Sanchez, Juan Soto etc etc. Even some of the "cheaper" diamonds in the rough like Robles, Acuna and Tatis are in the hundreds of thousands. If your supposition is correct that the Os should fill their DSL rosters with <50k signings on the off chance they find an Altuve then it would've already happened!!! They've been doing it for well over a decade now.
  17. Where are all these guys going to play? Contrary to popular opinion, we don't have unlimited spaces for these kids. The Orioles have already signed the players they deemed worthy of paying this year. They gave out multiple 100k+ bonuses. Next year they have the highest pool you can have. I would MUCH rather them fill the rosters with higher caliber players from a fresh market with that pool.
  18. It's hilarious that this is the kind of bargain bin low cost moves the Os had been doing internationally under Pete for years and now another team does it and it's a stroke of genius. You really can't please people. It's especially ironic because the Os have spent millions this period for the first time ever.
  19. VVM got almost 6 mil. He has 4 extra basehits in 225 PA as a 23 year old in A ball. I find it hard to believe that you or anyone on this board would not be criticizing the Orioles for spending that much on signing him. 99.9% of top international free agents like him sign for half of what he got because it's not prudent to throw all your money at one player. The more successful teams in this arena do things in ways that are vastly different from the Marlins. Setting a proper valuation and not deviating from it is the sign of a successful business. I'm glad the O's are spreading the money around to multiple players and not overspending just because they have the slots.
  20. Tomorrow's pitching matchup is a doozy. Edwin Jackson (11.90 ERA) vs. David Hess (7.08 ERA, most HR given up in MLB). A positive for the Os is that David Hess no hit the Jays in his last start against him.
  21. LTO's

Dean Kremer 2019

I really hope the Orioles don't trade for Russell. That would be a real bad look.
  22. I'm not sure if it's a nagging injury thing or a guy who doesn't feel like he deserved to have to repeat AA just going through the motions. The tools were on full display in Spring Training so this is pretty confounding.
  23. It's especially ironic because practically the only reason we won the game was because of two players Elias picked up off the waiver wire. And one of the only relievers that didn't give up an ER is the one he fleeced the Mariners for. If you press him for an example of a player he would've signed he says Freddy Galvis....just nonsensical.