Greg

Nelson Cruz ?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jim Johnson trade was an obvious salary dump for Baltimore. Source said Orioles could be using money to pursue outfielder Nelson Cruz.</p>— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) <a href="

">December 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Only as a DH. Trusting him in the field is like trusting traffic in and around Baltimore not to suck on a given day. Even with that though, I don't believe it would be a good use of resources. He doesn't really solve the OBP issue, although he doesn't strikeout that much, and when you break it down he's really only had one truly great season in 2010. That, and he's got the PED stench, which brings into question his character and how reliable he is going forward.

I think Sammy Sosa circa 2005 would perform better than Cruz will in 2014.

I think it's highly possible that Cruz remains "curiously" un-signed all off season because teams are afraid he's cooked.

I think Sammy Sosa circa 2005 would perform better than Cruz will in 2014.

I think it's highly possible that Cruz remains "curiously" un-signed all off season because teams are afraid he's cooked.

I'm sure that's why we are interested. If he's garnering no interest, then he could possibly be had on the cheap. But regardless I hope we stay away.

Cruz costing a pick goes against everything DD has said in the past and everything he said this morning. If this team is about player development than there is no chance this happens.

Besides, the Orioles free up $10 million and you believe the first player rumor that comes out of Baltimore? I wouldn't.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p><a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Orioles&src=hash">#Orioles</a> looking for a thumper. Nelson Cruz definitely a name on their list, as <a href="https://twitter.com/JeffPassan">@JeffPassan</a> reported</p>— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) <a href="

">December 3, 2013</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>