TonySoprano

Jim Palmer Quotes 2015 Edition

Aparicio going back and catching a ball on the warning track seems like a pretty tall yarn.

Edited by CA-ORIOLE

Aparicio going back and catch a ball on the warning track seems like a pretty tall yarn.

Yea, it seemed like but he tells it as if it was just a normal thing.

Love Palmer as the color guy. Does it get better than Palmer/Thorne!?!?!

Baseball season is back!

Palmer makes the games that much more enjoyable. It really is a combination of watching the team I love with comedy, wit, intelligence, and shrewdness all mixed into one. If I could give Palmer a grade higher than A+, I would. We are so lucky to have him.

• Upvote 1

Best analyst in the game, bar none. Of course I'm biased, but its true.

I will always be a huge Jon Miller fan, work so many nights, listening to him and Angel do the radio, and loved the west coast games the best, was something that help the summer nights go by faster.

Best analyst in the game, bar none. Of course I'm biased, but its true.

Agreed. We are spoiled. Palmer's insight into pitching as the game progresses, giving analysis batter by batter, is unlike anything I've seen on any other sports network's baseball coverage. And his dry wit leaves me and my wife in stitches whenever he's on. I just so sad that we no longer have the equally dry and witty Mike Flanagan (someone she didn't get to see) on broadcasts anymore.

Palmer makes the games that much more enjoyable. It really is a combination of watching the team I love with comedy, wit, intelligence, and shrewdness all mixed into one. If I could give Palmer a grade higher than A+, I would. We are so lucky to have him.

christmas-story-a-o.gif

When Tommy Hunter was facing Giancarlo Stanton with a couple of runners on base:

Jim Hunter: "This is sort of the ultimate matchup, one of the best power hitter in the game against a power pitcher, who throws a lot of fly balls."

Jim Palmer: "That's pretty terrifying, actually."

Once again, bringing Jim Hunter back to reality.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Holy Matt Wieters, Batman. The dynamic duo got the win!! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/resurrection?src=hash">#resurrection</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/Orioles">@Orioles</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/masnOrioles">@masnOrioles</a></p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">June 6, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

• Upvote 1

Speaking of Ubaldo's high walk number and the way he kept things under control. "He was like a body shop that hides or minimizes the damage."

I remember when Jim Hunter would try to get Palmer on twitter and Cakes balked. Now Palmer is a must-follow ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris got the moves like Jagger! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/rockincleveland?src=hash">#rockincleveland</a></p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">June 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

I remember when Jim Hunter would try to get Palmer on twitter and Cakes balked. Now Palmer is a must-follow ;)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Norris got the moves like Jagger! <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/rockincleveland?src=hash">#rockincleveland</a></p>— Jim Palmer (@Jim22Palmer) <a href="

">June 7, 2015</a></blockquote>

I think Cosamin Joint Health Supplement paid him handsomely to be there as well as MASN.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• I don't like the idea of just deciding not to take a pitcher.  Maybe it is because they rank some of the underslot guys higher, but if the strategy is just not take a pitcher generally I think it's unwise. 
    • I can't believe you didn't simulate sitting Means in the simulated spring training when he complained of simulated tightness in his forearm.  Plus, the simulated pitching overall has been abysmal.  
    • You are oversimplifying and you are under the false assumption that owners can unilaterally shorten the season. The owners don't get to decide whether it is cheaper to not play than to play. They have to open the books and prove to the players that they would lose more money not playing than by playing without fans. Only then can the owners cancel the season. Presumably, if the owners were to open the books and convince the players that they would lose more money playing without fans than they would in canceling the season, thereby permitting them the option of canceling the season, players might be interested in sacrificing additional money to have a season, but the owners have not yet done that. The players and owners have a mutual obligation to start the season as soon as possible and to play as many games as possible. That obligation is not discharged by the owners losing money for the season, it is only discharged by the owners proving they would lose more money playing without fans than they would lose if they didn't play at all. The owners likely WOULD lose less money with a shorter season (say 40 games vs. 82) and an expanded playoffs, but that would also violate the March agreement, just as trying to renegotiate salary without proving playing without fans is more fiscally damaging than not playing violates the March agreement.
    • Kjerstad at 2 would be a big disappointment to me, under-slot strategy or not. If not Tork, Martin or even Lacy, I'll just shake my head and wait to see who else we get.
    • it was either that or the rundown bus. Damn I love watching this movie. Hey skipper, my contract says I do have to practice, what do you think of that. Tosses it on the ground and pisses on it. I wonder how many managers would love to do that in real life, when a crybaby complains. LOL
    • Well, I would say that the issue is not closed assuming everything you say is absolutely true. Based upon what you wrote, $170 mil the players get no matter what.  That's roughly $5.7 mil per team.  If there is no season, that money gets divided up, I guess between the players and that's it.  That's not really much per player considering what they make. The players lose huge money in that scenario.  They lose big the fewer games that get played from their prorating agreement.  And the owners get to decide when to start play and how many games get played. So, if the owners decide that it is cheaper to not play than play the games, the players lose big time. Every game the owners shorten the season the players lose big time. It seems clear that the possibility of playing the season without fans could be cost prohibitive and that was contemplated. So, based upon your facts, the players could stick it to the owners and cut their own noses off in the process.  Or, negotiate something better for both sides. I am sorry but the players are being stupid so far.  Of course, this is the game within the game, but the owners still hold all the cards in my opinion.  
    • As I've brought up before, I love Blaze Jordan's upside and would be very happy to get him. Yet, I'd prefer it if it were after 39. Regardless, high upside HS'ers always intrigue me.
  • Popular Contributors