OFFNY

vs. RAYS, 9/01

:rofl::leaving::puke:

Embarrassed. To. Be. A. Fan.

At least when we sucked, we knew what the deal was and we could all just blame Angelos.

To me, this is far worse because there is no real answer for this horrendous turn of play and there appears to be no remedy forthcoming. Tough to stomach when you have hope and it's ripped away from you.

What are you talking about?

You realize Buck has been fired 3 times right? All for not being able to win the games that matter. Common theme? Remember last year when he got swept out of the ALCS?

At least when we sucked, we knew what the deal was and we could all just blame Angelos.

To me, this is far worse because there is no real answer for this horrendous turn of play and there appears to be no remedy forthcoming. Tough to stomach when you have hope and it's ripped away from you.

1st to last in the division is a HARD pill to swallow. :slytf:

This is starting to look like the teams in New York, Arizona, and Texas that got Buck fired. This is a total and utter disaster.

Maybe we are finally seeing why he gets fired. He let his team quit on him. This would never have happened under a Lou Piniella or an Earl Weaver. Objects would be flying in the clubhouse long before that. Very disappointing.

You realize Buck has been fired 3 times right? All for not being able to win the games that matter. Common theme? Remember last year when he got swept out of the ALCS?

Much different. Our playoff teams were massive overachievers with no expectations. O's fans expected to contend this year but to everyone else this is just us regressing to our talent level.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Per Melewski: https://www.masnsports.com/steve-melewski/2021/01/basallo-and-hernandez-head-up-os-international-class.html "The Orioles today announced a signing class of 17 international amateurs, including the club’s first two players signed for seven figures. Per industry sources, the club has contract agreements with catcher Samuel Basallo from the Dominican Republic for $1.3 million and with Venezuelan shortstop Maikol Hernández for $1.2 million. The Orioles announced that 11 more from this group are six-figure agreements. Of the 17 agreements, 13 are from the Dominican Republic and four are from Venezuela   Catcher Samuel Basallo, L/R, 16, Dominican Republic Basallo, once linked to the New York Yankees, got the largest signing bonus ever given to an international amateur by the Orioles. Basallo, who turned 16 on Aug. 13, has plus arm strength and some solid raw power. Some scouts have put a 60 grade on his arm. At 6-foot-3 and 198 lbs., it’s possible he could outgrow the catcher position. Shortstop Maikol Hernández, R/R, 17, Venezuela At 6-foot-4 and 175 lbs., Hernández has several impressive tools with a strong arm and power. He’s drawn some comparisons to bigger shortstops at young ages like Carlos Correa and Manny Machado. He was previously linked to St. Louis and Pittsburgh. Six players, per industry sources, signed with the Orioles for bonuses between $300,000 and $400,000. Here is that group: Outfielder Wilmer Feliciano, L/R, 16, Dominican Republic He is a lefty batter with some solid raw power and it is believed got the third-highest bonus among this group. Shortstop Victor Celedonio, S/R, 17, Dominican Republic A switch-hitter, it is believed he got the fourth-highest signing bonus in this class. Outfielder Teudis Cortorreal, L/L, 17, Dominican Republic A lefty batter who is a center field prospect. Shortstop Eruviel Castillo, R/R, 17 Dominican Republic Shortstop Anderson De Los Santos, R/R, 17, Dominican Republic Catcher Yasmil Bucce, L/R, 16, Venezuela The following players signed six-figure bonuses, believed to range between $100,000 and $225,000. Catcher Aneudis Mordán, R/R, 16, Dominican Republic Shortstop Angel Tejada, R/R, 16, Dominican Republic Center fielder Junior Lara, L/L, 16, Dominican Republic Left-hander Deivy Cruz, L/L, 16, Dominican Republic Center fielder Ángel Peña, L/R, 16, Dominican Republic These four signings round out this class. Outfielder Héctor Jiménez, R/R, 16, Dominican Republic Left-hander Elvis Polanco, L/L, 17, Dominican Republic Catcher Carlos Rodríguez, R/R, 17, Venezuela Outfielder Grabiel Salazar, R/R, 19, Venezuela"
    • Man, I thought that was it, winning teams again for the foreseeable future.  Many more free agent contracts, with all the stars coming to play in orange and black.  A couple playoff runs, a few world series, wow it is incredible how naive I was back then and how little understanding of exactly how awful our pitching was.   I am very excited for the future now however and really enjoy watching this rebuild process, even as slow and boring it is and this winter is, but I agree with the OP, this off season has been incredibly boring!
    • Fair, I did see Darvish and Kim (not Snell).  And the LeMathiu signing recently as well. Even still that is basically just one busy team among 30.  It is something , so I won't argue that, just saying it's mostly quiet/boring even for many teams that aren't is the "$1 million and south" club.
    • There is sometimes much to critique, but here is an instance where I think Good job, MLB is in order.    This cohort isn't playing high school seasons or anything like that, and the big stuff gets settled far in advance. This is a nice improvement in the league calendar.
    • Yeah. I don’t think Mazzilli was a good fit here either. 
    • They probably should have judging by their Pythagorean record in 2004.  Pythagorean W-L:82-80, 842 Runs, 830 Runs Allowed
    • I hope it doesn't come to this, but Good Play + Punting 2022 + Astro Pariah Theory (for any player who can pick their employer) makes Houston a first-tier landing spot if Dusty can keep them in it.   Either faking a corner, or if Yordan knees still bad. I more like the one where Bregman, Correa and Altuve are our infield in 18 months - who needs "thoroughbreds" then?
  • Popular Contributors