Sign in to follow this  
OFFNY

2015 NCAA Title Game, 2016 Title Game Rematch, 2018 Title Game Rubber Match

10 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

Alabama was 2-for-15 on 3rd downs tonight. One of those misses was when they got 15 yards on 3rd and 16 late in the 4th quarter, which set them up for a very makeable 4th down and 1, so that is slightly deceptive. Still, even if you give them that one and call it 3-for-15, that is still awful for a 3rd down conversion ratio. It takes a lot to over come something like that and still win the game.

Also, Clemson had a huge time of possession advantage. Ask any college or pro football defense if time of possession matters when the 4th quarter comes around, and I'm sure that they would all attest that it does.

Clemson ran close to 100 plays on offense.  They wore Bama down.  And that defense has some studs.

o

lllllllllllllllllllllllllll CLEMSON TIGERS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (14-0)

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll VS.

lllllllllllllllll ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE lllllllllllllllllllllllll (14-0)

o

11 hours ago, OFFNY said:

o

lllllllllllllllllllllllllll CLEMSON TIGERS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll (14-0)

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll VS.

lllllllllllllllll ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE lllllllllllllllllllllllll (14-0)

o

o

CLEMSON TIGERS llllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll44

ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll - ll16

o

I think the SEC is way overrated.  #1 and 2 SEC teams go down. In 2015 the SEC west was at it's best. They all got bombed in there bowls games.

On 1/8/2019 at 7:47 PM, mrbig1 said:

I think the SEC is way overrated.  #1 and 2 SEC teams go down. In 2015 the SEC west was at it's best. They all got bombed in there bowls games.

You are wrong. One of the things that hurts sec teams in bowl games, they really play for NC and there is a let down. The sec has the best inter-conference record. They have the best players. There really are only a few teams that can play at their level. 

Oklahoma scores 45 and 35 on Bama. Ohio state hangs 42 on them and then Clemson hangs another 44 on them.  Whenever they play someone who is good that's not in the SEC this is what happens. I was telling everybody that Texas would beat Georgia. Another SEC team that was way overrated. In fact in 2015 the SEC west got bombed in all there bowl games.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Just published this look at personal and cultural history for the era 1950-1983, last November. I was born in Baltimore and, though moved around to 45 places in the first 30 years, remained a lifelong Orioles fan. Through the drafts of the memoir I was forced by larger considerations to prune my many precious Orioles memories, but they remain a thread tying me to that ever elusive "Home." I seemed to have a knack for championship seasons: with a two-year stint back in Baltimore in 1965-66, then again in 1969-71, before moving to Oakland for their run in 1973-74 (sorry about that!). A decade writing for the Hangout during the dark years, go figure. But still in the O's corner, rooting for the "kids" as always. I'll say up front I'm an antiwar rebel true to the counterculture thrust of "my generation," so if that doesn't offend you or if you're curious how I got there from the heart of the American suburban "dream," you might be intrigued by this long and winding road toward my vision of "utopia." The real launch comes in a few days, when you can download the ebook for free from Amazon, April 3-4-5. I wanted to let you all know about it so you can order for free, but let me know if you miss the sale and I'll send you a free review copy (yes, hoping you can share a comment or two as a review!).
    • Just to add a few more data points to the discussion... Britton was nearly as good in 2014 as he was in 2016. Again he was used in different situations against KC, with mixed results... ACLS Game 1 away Britton pitches 9th of a 5-5 tie. O'Day enters to finish 9th and loses game in the 10th. Game 2 Away Tied 4-4 in the 8th, Miller faces two and O'Day one. O'Day gives up a single to start the ninth. Britton relieves and gives up two hits, allowing the two winning (losing) runs. Season totals: Britton 37 saves, 1.65 ERA. Miller 1.35 as an Oriole. O'Day 1.70. S**t happens. And as an Oriole fan, more times than is pleasant to remember. But hey, with time on our hands... Here's another from the archives: 1989, Sept. 29 in Toronto. O's need to win the next 2 games. Closer Gregg Olson (27 saves, 1.69) relieves Ballard in bottom of the 8th to protect a 1-0 lead, yields a steal, advance to third, and tying run on wild pitch. Olson stays in for the 9th and 10th. Williamson comes on in the 11th and loses the game. 1973 Bob Reynolds 9 Sv, 1.95, Grant Jackson 9 Sv, 1.90 ACLS game 3 in Oakland. Weaver leaves in Cuellar, despite yielding tying run in 8th, into the 11th when Campeneris homers to win it for the A's. Unused in the bullpen are Reynolds (1.95) and Jackson (1.90). But I guess Weaver was saving them for the next game, when the duo combined for 7.1 innings of 1-run relief in a 5-4 Orioles comeback win. (In between, though, with the score tied 4-4 in the 7th, Weaver risked Eddie Watt for two batters). (BTW I was at that game, and predicted the heroics by Etchebarren and Jackson, though I thought it would be Reggie, LOL).
    • I would just like to go to the store without worrying that everyone there is a potential person who will kill me.  
    • Kinda strange to say one of the least frequent posters on this board overvalues baseball. Did I suggest schools and restaurants are less important than baseball? No, that was your embellishment. We’re going to see tens of thousands of Americans die in the next two months. It’s going to be brutal. When we’re on the other side, the country will need to heal. Baseball has a part to play and in order to do that they need to make preparations. I don’t think it’s out of touch to care about and plan for what happens after the worst is behind us. I don’t expect that anyone is going to be particularly excited about playing games in empty stadiums. But it’s a first step. And it allows the game to be fully ready when medical advances allow the crowds to return. And that goes for the minor leagues too. On the other side of the surge the country will desperately need to get back to work. And that includes professional baseball. And eventually all the jobs it supports. And we’ll need the diversion. It’s a lousy plan, but I think better than the alternative, which is no plan. Just waiting, hoping, and losing time. I’m not surprised that people disagree. Particularly at this point in time. 
    • I’ve read most of the article, and it seems that there’s a desire to contract the minor league teams and remove the total number of players a team has in the system. The team likes it because it’s cheaper, and the players like it because older guys won’t be pressured by up-and-coming prospects, and can last an extra year or two in the majors. That implies overall quality will go down because there just won’t be as many prospects pushing for spots. I dislike all of this.
    • From what I read before they reached the accord they were talking about only giving undrafted guys a max of 10K.  That would pretty much force kids to college.
  • Popular Contributors