Frobby

I'm actually looking forward to next year.  Hoping over the season to see an infusion of younger players.  By season's end, we could have an outfield that includes some combination of Diaz, Mullins, McKenna, and Hays.  That would downright excite me.  Mountcastle could be on the team.  Villary will bring a different skill set than we've seen in the past on this team.  We'll see, but I'm more likely to go to games next year than I was this season.

12 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I understand the reality of a rebuild...but if theres not an exciting and entertaining team to watch... people will "DEFINITELY NOT COME, RAY." 

I feel the need
The need for team speed
200.gif

13 minutes ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise.

So should the Orioles sign Cruise? I’d definitely pay to see that.

1 hour ago, Roy Firestone said:

Even in a rebuild with patient fans...there has to be a desire to want to see the Oriole players perform. I do not believe theres a single player on our roster that is compelling enough for a family of four to plunk down good money to see play.Fan loyalty is one thing..but Its still an entertainment business, thats why people continue to come out to watch Tom Cruise. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I understand the reality of a rebuild...but if theres not an exciting and entertaining team to watch... people will "DEFINITELY NOT COME, RAY." 

If you rebuild it, they will come?  

7 minutes ago, OregonBird said:

I'm definitely not plunking down a nice chunk of change to bring the family to Sarasota from Oregon for a week, that's for sure.

Gotta say, going to Sarasota for spring training is a delight no matter how bad the team is.    

15 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Hoodie and the Vest promotions have sold some tickets on the two home Saturdays left.They should go over 1.6 but barely .Everything go right I see about 1.61m or 1.62m.

I’m going to both those games. 

Every year I try to make the last weekend of the season if I can. I know I won’t be there for 6 months.  

2 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Next year will really see the attendance drop.I got a survey when I said I will not renew. Then asked would you go for a six,eight or 10 game plan.Also asked about a holiday six or four pack.They know what is going to happen My rep said it has been a horrible year for him and is expecting it  to crash next year.

I guess they will still get the 125,000 or higher tickets sold to Yankee and Red Sox fans . Imagine attendance next year without them.

I think I will keep mine. I usually go to 8-10 games a year no matter how good we are. Bottom line is they need to give out more benefits to keep the season ticket holders they have now. 

Interesting they may start offering smaller plans. Just couple of years ago they were trying to take advantage of 2014 playoff run with those 20 game plans that never materialized. This market is just not that big. They got greedy the other year and now are paying the price. Those 14 years of losing did so much damage to the fan base and the world has changed.

All sports have their issues. I keep seeing ads for the Ravens home opener. You never saw those tickets available.  

2 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

I think I will keep mine. I usually go to 8-10 games a year no matter how good we are. Bottom line is they need to give out more benefits to keep the season ticket holders they have now. 

Interesting they may start offering smaller plans. Just couple of years ago they were trying to take advantage of 2014 playoff run with those 20 game plans that never materialized. This market is just not that big. They got greedy the other year and now are paying the price. Those 14 years of losing did so much damage to the fan base and the world has changed.

All sports have their issues. I keep seeing ads for the Ravens home opener. You never saw those tickets available.  

Even NASCAR attendance is down, from what I am hearing from my friends. I used to try and make at least 1 race, a season, and haven't been in 3 years.

1 minute ago, Redskins Rick said:

Even NASCAR attendance is down, from what I am hearing from my friends. I used to try and make at least 1 race, a season, and haven't been in 3 years.

Yeah, tickets are an issue for a variety of reasons everywhere. This isn’t just an Orioles issue  

Another point. I was at Tuesday’s game and one of the people there came from NoVa. He said it took him 1.5 hours and he was able to leave around 445.  It is very hard for Orioles fans in that area to attend games during the week.  

5 minutes ago, eddie83 said:

Even the Nationals are doing a promotion with the kids for $10.00 seats for almost all the home games left in September. I don't think the weekend Cub games but they draw well anyhow. Kids can sit anywhere for $10.00 with 2 adult tickets purchased.

https://www.mlb.com/nationals/tickets/specials/back-to-school?partnerId=ed-13056491-1092547603