Jump to content
interloper

Elias J2 International Orioles

Recommended Posts

Just now, Can_of_corn said:

Music impresses me on occasion.  Very happy with one of my Spotify suggestions this week in fact, was listening to it in the car this morning.

Cool story, tell it again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hank Scorpio said:

You know what's inspiring? When a plant grows through a crack in the concrete. That's inspiring.

I know what I don't find inspiring, when grass bursts through the freshly laid asphalt of my new driveway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I think he's quoting Elias, there.

If so, that’s his boldest statement yet about our July 2 class.    This raises my expectations more than the T-shirt did (which was not at all).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Frobby said:

If so, that’s his boldest statement yet about our July 2 class.    This raises my expectations more than the T-shirt did (which was not at all).

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

An interesting read (free) from Bed Badler at BaseballAmerica.com: Why We're Not Ranking The Top July 2 Prospects

“MLB now runs their events through the Trainer Partnership Program, using uncommitted players from multiple classes. That change is fine. The MLB showcases before had value—a lot of the pitchers were still uncommitted and teams could see them face top competition”

This might explain why Elias was more hitter focused than pitcher focused in the recent draft. It sounds like top international positional talent is what gets signed early but there are pitchers still uncommitted. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Greg Pappas said:

An interesting read (free) from Bed Badler at BaseballAmerica.com: Why We're Not Ranking The Top July 2 Prospects

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-international-reviews/

The link on the bottom also really helped to put how behind the O’s are into perspective. Despite having the most bonus money they signed by far the least amount of prospects for the least amount of money.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheOtherRipken said:

https://www.baseballamerica.com/stories/2019-international-reviews/

The link on the bottom also really helped to put how behind the O’s are into perspective. Despite having the most bonus money they signed by far the least amount of prospects for the least amount of money.

They signed like 21 more guys after that came out, including their top bonus getter.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So what happens if the teams have commitments to guys at 14 and by the time they are 16 they find out they aren't going to amount to anything? Do they still sign them to the agreed bonuses at that point?  What if a pitchers tears his rotor cuff does he still get signed?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, atomic said:

So what happens if the teams have commitments to guys at 14 and by the time they are 16 they find out they aren't going to amount to anything? Do they still sign them to the agreed bonuses at that point?  What if a pitchers tears his rotor cuff does he still get signed?

1:03
For early J2 agreements, what happens if a prospect regresses or gets injured, do teams have any protection in those circumstances or is that just the risk of grabbing top players early?
 
Eric A Longenhagen
1:04
that's the risk you run. If you back out of deals you risk future players/trainers never trusting you
 
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


Orioles Information


Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats






×
×
  • Create New...