Sign in to follow this  
Aglets

Game 4: Ravens VS Browns

Who wins?  

14 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Who you got?

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 9/29/2019 at 17:00

4 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Why when the Browns couldn’t stop the running game at all?

Because Lamar looked like Joe Flacco because all he did was throw to the TE’s and Brown a few times. They couldn’t stop the run, but we didn’t put points on the board either and make our offense more dynamic. Defense deserves all the blame for this one. 

2 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Defense gave up 40 pts and 531 yards.  

I turned on the game in the 4th quarter.  Saw an obvious run situation and saw the Ravens let the guy run all the way down the field,  I don’t understand letting Suggs, Mosley and Weddle go. Team went from one of the best defenses to one of the worst,  and it’s not like we got any offensive stand outs.  Not sure how with Flacco gone how we had no money to retain players or get new stand out ones,  

10 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Why when the Browns couldn’t stop the running game at all?

Another offensive Coordinator overthinking things. He didn't want to keep doing it because it didn't fit his idea of his game plan.

3 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Agreed. Save the picks. Fire the coaching staff, and use the picks to find talent.

Tank next year and get the guy the QB from Clemson.  

7 minutes ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Because Lamar looked like Joe Flacco because all he did was throw to the TE’s and Brown a few times. They couldn’t stop the run, but we didn’t put points on the board either and make our offense more dynamic. Defense deserves all the blame for this one. 

What D? Ray and Ed could do a better job.

2 hours ago, atomic said:

I turned on the game in the 4th quarter.  Saw an obvious run situation and saw the Ravens let the guy run all the way down the field,  I don’t understand letting Suggs, Mosley and Weddle go. Team went from one of the best defenses to one of the worst,  and it’s not like we got any offensive stand outs.  Not sure how with Flacco gone how we had no money to retain players or get new stand out ones,  

$16 million in dead cap from Flacco that we're on the hook for. That goes way of the dodo come next year. 

Losing Weddle seems like it was the biggest loss.

Losing Suggs was not a loss since he's washed up, and the Ravens should have been able to replace Mosely, but they failed miserably in either drafting or signing a replacement. The signing of Thomas to replace Weddle though has backfired badly and has turned out to be a giant bust. The defensive backfield can't communicate at all and that's Thomas' job. He's either lost it or he's just not very bright, which means the Ravens failed to do their homework before they brought this guy in.

You can't have awful safeties and awful linebackers and also not get any pressure from your DTs up front. Is there a 1st round pick on this defense right now? 

As for the offense, it just appeared the Browns coaching staff figured out what the Ravens and Jackson were good at and they took that away and confused him. It certainly appeared the Browns were a step ahead of the Ravens all day. That's just simply coaching.

Basically the Ravens were outcoached and outplayed and out manned. I saw nothing today that indicated that the Ravens were in the same class as the Browns. 

That's sad, but it's the truth. Now don't get me wrong, as long as Harbaugh is the headcoach here the team will always be outcoached since he brings nothing during the game except for complaining to the refs, making dumb decisions based off unproven analytics, then making excuses after the game to the press.

It is what it is unfortunately. 

I was fooled by the first two games with both the Ravens and the Terps. I guess that's why I'm just a fan with football. 

1 hour ago, Tony-OH said:

Losing Weddle seems like it was the biggest loss.

Losing Suggs was not a loss since he's washed up, and the Ravens should have been able to replace Mosely, but they failed miserably in either drafting or signing a replacement. The signing of Thomas to replace Weddle though has backfired badly and has turned out to be a giant bust. The defensive backfield can't communicate at all and that's Thomas' job. He's either lost it or he's just not very bright, which means the Ravens failed to do their homework before they brought this guy in.

You can't have awful safeties and awful linebackers and also not get any pressure from your DTs up front. Is there a 1st round pick on this defense right now? 

As for the offense, it just appeared the Browns coaching staff figured out what the Ravens and Jackson were good at and they took that away and confused him. It certainly appeared the Browns were a step ahead of the Ravens all day. That's just simply coaching.

Basically the Ravens were outcoached and outplayed and out manned. I saw nothing today that indicated that the Ravens were in the same class as the Browns. 

That's sad, but it's the truth. Now don't get me wrong, as long as Harbaugh is the headcoach here the team will always be outcoached since he brings nothing during the game except for complaining to the refs, making dumb decisions based off unproven analytics, then making excuses after the game to the press.

It is what it is unfortunately. 

I was fooled by the first two games with both the Ravens and the Terps. I guess that's why I'm just a fan with football. 

Suggs is actually looking like a big loss as well. He would be the only real pass rush threat besides Judon and the only edge defender with enough discipline to hold the edge. He has more sacks than any one on the Ravens so far, granted he will probably have another 3 or 4 good weeks and then fall off a cliff.

4 minutes ago, Brian88 said:

Suggs is actually looking like a big loss as well. He would be the only real pass rush threat besides Judon and the only edge defender with enough discipline to hold the edge. He has more sacks than any one on the Ravens so far, granted he will probably have another 3 or 4 good weeks and then fall off a cliff.

Which is why he's washed up. It was time to turn the page with Suggs, but Decosta did a poor job of replacing him as well as Mosely and Weddle. Next men up have sucked so far.

10 hours ago, Tony-OH said:

Props to @Elbren for calling this debacle. The only one to pick the Browns. 

9 hours ago, SouthRider said:

I thought they might play better than the KC game, but I was wrong.  They played worse. 

lol It's never fun picking against your own team, but I thought last week should have been a good indicator on who this team really is.  We faced similar opponents, but while we disappeared and had a HC who tried to be condescending about "analytics", the Browns rose to the occasion and played a pretty tough game against the Rams.  

8 hours ago, MDtransplant757 said:

Tony Jefferson and Brandon Carr were getting torched all game. Tyus bowser and the linebacking core suck. Earl Thomas has been a ghost. Offense only aired it out come garbage time. They needed to do that ALL DAY but didn't. 

To be fair to Carr, he was up against a guy that would likely be a #1 WR on any other team.  Landry likely gets 200 yards if he doesn't leave the game early on concussion protocol.

8 hours ago, atomic said:

I don’t understand letting Suggs, Mosley and Weddle go.

The problem wasn't letting them go.  The problem is, once again, not doing anything to replace them.  I'm all about "best player available", but this team, come draft time, just does not seem to care about team needs ... and the guys they do draft seem to disappear almost immediately.

- Why is Bozeman the starting LG?  Where is Ben Powers, who they just spent a 4th round pick on?  Not only is he not playing, he's 3rd on the depth chart behind Patrick Mekari, a UDFA.

- Where is Jaylon Ferguson?  They spent a 3rd round on him and he seems to be completely MIA from the DE/OLB rotation.

- Tyus Bowser - 2nd round pick.  You almost never see him and when you do, he's terrible.

- Chris Wormley - 3rd round pick.  He's a starter, but I feel like he's only there because we literally have no one else to fill that role.

- Since the 2016 draft, we already have 7 players from the top 4 rounds who are already gone from the team: Correa (2nd), Kaufusi (3rd), Lewis (4th), Henry (4th), Dixon (4th), Siragusa (4th) and Scott (4th).  While we have starters from the 2016 draft (Stanley, Judon, T. Young), half of that draft class is already gone from the roster.

They tried to address the loss of Weddle by giving Earl Thomas a big contract.  I still think that's a clear upgrade, but I have no problem admitting that Thomas has been almost nonexistent so far.

8 hours ago, atomic said:

Not sure how with Flacco gone how we had no money to retain players or get new stand out ones,  

There's over $20 Mil. in dead money between Flacco, Crabtree and Weddle; $24.6 Mil. overall this year in dead money.  Tavon Young is another $3.7 Mil. in cap space sitting on the IR.  James Hurst is one of the top ten Ravens in salary this year and he's not even a starter (Good job, Ozzie).  Jimmy Smith is our #1 cap hit at $15.9 Mil. and he's in the middle of his annual injury stint.

13 hours ago, TonySoprano said:

Ravens trending on twitter, for all the wrong reasons

BTW, I'd be shocked if Humphrey doesn't get a single game, if not multi-game, suspension after this.  I know there was a lot of heated trash talk and pushing/shoving going on, but the dude literally choked a guy in the middle of the field right in front of a ref.  I'm kind of astounded that the ref didn't do anything about it.

One of the most depressing games I've seen in a while.   Well, maybe not.  The playoff game last year was definitely worse.

Interesting quote in the Athletic from Earl Thomas:

Thomas had a team-high eight tackles versus Cleveland, but like everybody else on the Ravens, he couldn’t bring down Nick Chubb on an 88-yard touchdown run at the 9:35 mark of the fourth quarter after the home team had made it a six-point game. Thomas was giving chase before he pulled up around midfield.

“I tried to get there and I couldn’t get there,” Thomas said. “It wasn’t worth pulling my hamstring. I’ve been there before trying to chase DeAndre Hopkins down on a screen. Pulled hamstring and was out. I wasn’t doing that today.”

Not sure if that comes off as him being a quitter or something.  Probably in the eye of the beholder.   Sigh.  This is gonna be a long season I think where we just barely squeak into the playoffs if at all.  In other words......like most seasons.

33 minutes ago, Aglets said:

One of the most depressing games I've seen in a while.   Well, maybe not.  The playoff game last year was definitely worse.

Interesting quote in the Athletic from Earl Thomas:

Not sure if that comes off as him being a quitter or something.  Probably in the eye of the beholder.   Sigh.  This is gonna be a long season I think where we just barely squeak into the playoffs if at all.  In other words......like most seasons.

That sounds like a guy who is very weary of injury, considering he's had 3 straight seasons end early because of different injuries.

It's understandable, but I have to admit ... I don't like the sound of it.