Frobby

Chris Davis, 2020

8 minutes ago, Babypowder said:

If someone takes him and the O's eat 90 percent of his salary, that's still a win. I think it is a near impossibility too but as I said: a man can dream.

Sorry, my dreams are going to be more worthy, then if Davis crushes or not. :)

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Not to worry he just hit HR #2  Current BA .800 Go figure.

I know it is extreme small sample, but when was the last time he put together 8 PA's anywhere near what he's done so far? Is it too early to say the bulking may be helping and there's a chance of a .700 OPS this year? Going opposite field too. New swing?

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

3 games that do not count and people have gone from he should not be on the team ,to maybe we can trade him. 

I couldnt find ST stats for 2019, but 2018 he OPS of .777

1 hour ago, Going Underground said:

3 games that do not count and people have gone from he should not be on the team ,to maybe we can trade him. 

I don't think anyone has actually said that.

1 hour ago, Redskins Rick said:

I couldnt find ST stats for 2019, but 2018 he OPS of .777

I recall he had an OPS over .800 last spring, though he had a pretty low BA and a lot of strikeouts.   He hit a few homers over the spring.     

I think the K’s are the big thing to look for, especially how they happen.    Even when Davis was good he struck out a lot, but he didn’t have that deer in the headlights look he’s had the last 2-3 years.     

2 minutes ago, Frobby said:

I recall he had an OPS over .800 last spring, though he had a pretty low BA and a lot of strikeouts.   He hit a few homers over the spring.     

I think the K’s are the big thing to look for, especially how they happen.    Even when Davis was good he struck out a lot, but he didn’t have that deer in the headlights look he’s had the last 2-3 years.     

I didnt catch how he wasnt using his whole body, until seeing him hit this spring.

A long way until opening day, but it starting to look promising.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Redskins Rick said:

I didnt catch how he wasnt using his whole body, until seeing him hit this spring.

A long way until opening day, but it starting to look promising.

I was wrong about last spring’s OPS.    His slash line was .189/.318/.432 for a .750 OPS.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34329-189318432/&tab=comments#comment-2437503

I’m far from optimistic, but keeping an open mind about whether his added bulk will at least allow him to hit a few more fingers and maybe regain some confidence.    

1 hour ago, Frobby said:

I was wrong about last spring’s OPS.    His slash line was .189/.318/.432 for a .750 OPS.

https://forum.orioleshangout.com/forums/index.php?/topic/34329-189318432/&tab=comments#comment-2437503

I’m far from optimistic, but keeping an open mind about whether his added bulk will at least allow him to hit a few more fingers and maybe regain some confidence.    

confidence is along the lines of what I said last week, about some of hitting is just plain mental.

Im hopeful, not expecting major miracles, I cant see the owner dumping salary, in spite of the 10 million posts on OH saying they should.

So bottom line, I would rather see some improvement and not see a repeat of the past 3 seasons.

Im also smart enough to not bet money than coffee money on it happening.

5 hours ago, Aristotelian said:

I know it is extreme small sample, but when was the last time he put together 8 PA's anywhere near what he's done so far? Is it too early to say the bulking may be helping and there's a chance of a .700 OPS this year? Going opposite field too. New swing?

Is it too early to speculate that he might have taken some juice over the winter.

8 hours ago, Going Underground said:

Isn't he 5/10?

• Upvote 1

If Davis hits .300 this spring i'll be encouraged. I dont think anything else he does in ST will mean much to me. 

4 hours ago, El Gordo said:

Is it too early to speculate that he might have taken some juice over the winter.

It's never too early.   Funny that he sucked for 3 years but never thought about bulking back up before.   Decisions.  Decisions.  1) "Do I continue to take a beating from the fans over sucking?".   2) "Do you take a buyout to spare myself the embarassment of being so bad while collecting so much money?'  or 3) "Do I try to regain something of the form I had, collect all of my money, and not get roasted by the fans and media?".      It looks like he chose #3 but if '#3 was as easy as lifting like crazy over the winter you have to wonder why he didn't do that prior to 2018 and 2019.   Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

24 minutes ago, RZNJ said:

It's never too early.   Funny that he sucked for 3 years but never thought about bulking back up before.   Decisions.  Decisions.  1) "Do I continue to take a beating from the fans over sucking?".   2) "Do you take a buyout to spare myself the embarassment of being so bad while collecting so much money?'  or 3) "Do I try to regain something of the form I had, collect all of my money, and not get roasted by the fans and media?".      It looks like he chose #3 but if '#3 was as easy as lifting like crazy over the winter you have to wonder why he didn't do that prior to 2018 and 2019.   Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

Have to agree.If he gets caught then he can retire,