Frobby

Chris Davis, 2020

6 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

That would be an excellent outcome. 

Why would you want someone who represents our team to be caught doing something illegal?

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

Why would you want someone who represents our team to be caught doing something illegal?

For the length of the suspension the O's would have another roster spot and wouldn't have to pay him.

That's pretty obvious right?

10 hours ago, Redskins Rick said:

I couldnt find ST stats for 2019, but 2018 he OPS of .777

2019 ST: .189/.318/.432/.751 in 37 official at-bats, incl. 3 HR, 7 RBI, 7 BB and 19 K.

• Upvote 1

As I’ve said before. the new regime has had a full season and now a full offseason with Davis I’m sure with oberservations and analysis from last season they put a offseason program in place for Davis to follow so far from everything I’ve read and noticeably seen in added bulk along with a small sample size of at bats it appears to have had a positive impact on CD. I have faith in this regime and believe if anybody can get the best out of CD they can.

• Upvote 3

30 minutes ago, survivedc said:

2018 OPS+ 49 and 2019 OPS+ 60. 

Also it's not illegal it's just against MLB rules. 

4 minutes ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

I'm sure it would violate some laws.

2 hours ago, survivedc said:

The scenario is that he is caught and retires. That would save us $60M and finally clear the way for Mountcastle.

12 hours ago, OsFanSinceThe80s said:

No...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/are-performance-enhancing-drugs-illegal/

To hope that a player who has done plenty of good things for this team and is not at fault for the exorbitant contract he was given has fallen so low that he is forced to make a decision that most likely harms his own body (in the long run), further embarrasses his team and destroys his remaining legacy, such that it is, is pathetic from where I stand.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, survivedc said:

No...

https://blogs.fangraphs.com/are-performance-enhancing-drugs-illegal/

To hope that a player who has done plenty of good things for this team and is not at fault for the exorbitant contract he was given has fallen so low that he is forced to make a decision that most likely harms his own body (in the long run), further embarrasses his team and destroys his remaining legacy, such that it is, is pathetic from where I stand.

Can this team get any more embarrassed?  Look to the future.

giphy.gif 

11 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

He’s going to dominate these next 3 seasons and make the contract look like a bargain.

He only has to average 7 wins a season here on out to make the deal look good.