atomic

Would you attend games at Camden Yards this summer.

Would you go to a game at Camden Yards this year  

103 members have voted

1. 1. If they limited the number of fans to have groups 6 feet apart would you attend a game this year

Would you be willing to attend games this year at Camden Yards if the state allowed them and baseball was played?

I said yes if they kept gaps between groups.   I don't see why not. Safer than being in a gym or grocery store. 

Nahhh. I'd think about it real hard, but ultimately I'd decide to just watch the game at home because people are extremely bad at following COVID protocols in public. I agree it's no worse than the grocery store, but it is one more public place you're going to that you might not otherwise. 

• Upvote 1

With adequate separation, yes.   Would have to figure out concessions ... maybe switch to deliver to seat, I know some arenas n NHL NBA  already do this

It was never a matter of whether you'd get it, it was a matter of whether they had room for you at the hospital.

21 minutes ago, Aristotelian said:

Where would you pee? 

You put your mask on to pee.  

14 minutes ago, DirtyBird said:

No way would I go to a game if a mask was required.

It wouldn’t be required in your seat.  Just when you are walking about.

I might be OK with being in the ballpark with groups six feet apart.  The problem would be getting to and from the ballpark.

In normal times, I drive down from York on I-83 and take the Timonium exit, then catch the light rail to Camden Yards.

Under normal circumstances, I'm willing to put up with the crush of humanity on the light rail.  But I don't expect the threat of the coronavirus to be over before the end of the 2020 baseball season.  I don't feel all that sure that the threat is going to be over before the end of the 2021 baseball season.

Considering I'm in the high-risk age bracket, I think as long as that threat exists, I'm going to have to forego trips to Camden Yards.

Absolutely, provided I wasn't required to wear a mask.  Of course I'm one of those that think we blew this entire situation way out of proportion.  Luckily I live in a rural area, and we only have like 102 cases in the entire county, most in one nursing home that got hit really badly.  When you go to the store around here less than 20% of folks are wearing masks or gloves or anything.  But yes, I'd gladly go. 

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, forphase1 said:

Absolutely, provided I wasn't required to wear a mask.  Of course I'm one of those that think we blew this entire situation way out of proportion.  Luckily I live in a rural area, and we only have like 102 cases in the entire county, most in one nursing home that got hit really badly.  When you go to the store around here less than 20% of folks are wearing masks or gloves or anything.  But yes, I'd gladly go. 

You just convinced me.

Nope, not going. Not even in September when there will be 200 people in the park.

• Upvote 3

This topic is now closed to further replies.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Because he's not very good overall?  Honestly I'm not totally down on Bannon, I just don't think he's shown enough consistency at the plate or in the field at 2B to merit anyone counting on him to be part of the future here. But, we've seen players improve this year who have come back up so I haven't given up on him totally. He does have some tools to work from and at the end of the day, I'd probably like to see a full season at AAA before giving him consideration for the 2B job.
    • That looks great! Nice job! I'm impressed. You'd have me fooled with the "not a bricklayer" stuff.  It's a little better than microwaving. Still cooking, still prepping, everything is pre-portioned out and provided (minus butter, oil, salt and pepper). Don't have to think about it, or shop. I took liberties last night and added garlic to the mashed potatoes 😂😂 And defied the instructions telling me to dirty more dishes and refused transferring things to a baking sheet for the oven.  I can't be held down for too long, no worries!  
    • I think there are several alternatives better than what Alberto has shown over the last two seasons. 1) Elias will probably find someone equal or better on the waiver wire or for a small purchase with a salary less the 3M.  Probably for the minimum. 2) Bannon may not be ready yet but may be by mid next season. 3) Even Valiaka vs lefties and Wilkerson vs righties would be a better solution and cheaper.  Though I would rather find one player than go with a platoon.
    • I thought he looked a lot better than his first outing. He threw some good sliders. I like that he’s not afraid to throw his change up. He was better at locating it in this outing, but it doesn’t appear to be a great pitch to me judging by the hitters reaction to it. I think if he locates it well, it’ll be fine, but he can’t get away with even occasional poor location of it like someone like John Means can because I don’t think his change up is deceptive enough. He was better with his fastball location as well, but the velocity was only 89-91. I was surprised by that since I know he improved his velocity last year and from what I remember he was touching 96 MPH in spring training.    Overall, I was encouraged by what I saw last night. Hopefully, his velocity will be a little better if he gets in another game this year.
    • First Hobgood and now Harvey. We are no longer allowed to draft any pitcher, starting with the letter "H" LOL  
    • Who's this "we," homie?   I agree, it's wise not to speculate on what he's done or not done in the offseasons.  But even there isn't a full season next year and they don't have to pay him the full amount, it's still extremely hard to justify him being on the roster.  I'm sure it's hard to put an actual dollar value on at bats and playing time for younger players that need it to develop, but that's essentially what they'd be doing if they kept Davis on the roster for any reason for any length of time. Except it doesn't have to be that way.  They're spending the money no matter what (I'm assuming they'll have a full season with no fans or limited fans next year) so it's high time that they cut him and let more deserving players have a spot, 162 games or not.
  • Popular Contributors