Frobby

Observations on attending games at OPACY under restrictions

2 hours ago, ThomasTomasz said:

They didn't have income for a year either, but the Orioles raised everything but the ticket pricing.  I saw the parking in the A Annex lot went from $10 to $15 on gameday.  A Big Boogs is now $17.50 or $18.50, and you get a small bag of chips as opposed to the large handful you got before.  Add in a beer, and it's $30 for a meal.  $5.50 for water, $6.50 for bottled soda. Unless it is another double-header, I'm out on the food.  It's ridiculous.  

I was very hungry so I paid the $13.50 I think it was for a regular Boogs sandwich and an additional $3 or $4 for the beans. I do not recommend this. The beans come in a tiny cup (maybe 4 or so spoonfuls worth) and taste the same as Bush’s. Absolute ripoff.

I’m not going until I don’t have to wear a mask outside. MASN will do just fine until this mess is over and people aren’t ratting others out for mask vs. no mask.

Edited by drdelaware
  • Upvote 3

The attendance numbers this year are pretty abysmal. The cap is about 11k fans, and many games have been 3-4K short of that, including the last two against the Yankees at around 6k fans per game. I have to think this is mostly due to the “dynamic pricing” which has priced me out of a few games already and will continue to do so all season. It’s not worth $40 for an upper deck ticket to see a losing team. Not to mention the concession prices, with the Orioles following the anti-raven model, of trying to gouge their fans at every turn. Soda and water was $6.50 when I went on Saturday, pretty outrageous.

7 hours ago, survivedc said:

The attendance numbers this year are pretty abysmal. The cap is about 11k fans, and many games have been 3-4K short of that, including the last two against the Yankees at around 6k fans per game. I have to think this is mostly due to the “dynamic pricing” which has priced me out of a few games already and will continue to do so all season. It’s not worth $40 for an upper deck ticket to see a losing team. Not to mention the concession prices, with the Orioles following the anti-raven model, of trying to gouge their fans at every turn. Soda and water was $6.50 when I went on Saturday, pretty outrageous.

I don’t plan on going back anytime soon.  Ticket and concession prices are one thing.  Having to wear a mask, outside, with basically no one around you is just stupid.  Not being able to eat anywhere but at your seat is stupid.  

They are taking this bs too far and that is before you talk about how much they are charging you for everything.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, Sports Guy said:

They are taking this bs too far and that is before you talk about how much they are charging you for everything.

It's been taken to the extreme since March 2020, but hey - that's a debate for another day I guess.

• Upvote 3

I can still sneak a soda tucked into my pants, but now I have to buy Pepsi or it is super obvious I snuck it in. 

I have brought my kid twice, and they aren't really searching diaper bags so it is easy to throw a soda and peanuts in there.

10 minutes ago, OsFan2001 said:

15 years from now:

Orioles Security Checkpoint: Murphdog, your teenager still uses diapers?

In thirty years, they will be for me.

• Haha 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2021 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2021 Orioles Stats

2021 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• Cardinals were smart enough not to resign Pujols when he hit his 30’s knowing he would never be able to match the production from the first decade of his career. With the way the Orioles have operated during the Angelos era they almost certainly resign a player of that caliber. It’s a mistake you can’t make when you’re not the Yankees or Dodgers. The Cardinals usually avoid these kind of crippling moves and that keeps them competitive. With Elias hopefully we see that with the O’s. 
    • Marte, who may considered the best CF option via FA, was just signed by the Mets.
    • On the contrary, it is completely true. The team will have ebbs and flows, based on random chance And misfortune such as is happening to Kjested right now, But if you avoid long-term contracts, all of which are stupid, trade your guys at peak value and restock the farm, and there’s no reason why you can’t continually be a positive team. The Cardinals do it and they never have a single digit draft choice they always draft in the high teens, and yet they still have a good team over and over.
    • Going into 2009, Tillman was BA’s no. 22 prospect, Matusz no. 25, Arrieta no. 67.   Britton wasn’t ranked yet but was no. 63 the next year.  Brad Bergesen was the reigning Eastern League pitcher of the year.   David Hernandez had led the league. In strikeouts.   So, it was a more impressive group than your post suggests.   
    • Even worse living with the knowledge that Cardinals owner Bill DeWitt Jr. could have been the Orioles owner all this time, but thanks to Peter Angelos outbidding him it never happened. 
    • Nothing happens til it happens, but can we glean anything meaningful from what the insiders say?   ”Listening to offers” means nothing. Does anyone NOT listen to offers? However, that’s probably indicates less interest than a term like… ”Dangling.” What does that mean? Is GM A calling up GM B and saying,” hey, I got this hot guy, and he can be yours! All I need is XX.” Is GM A being coy and hitting that MAAAAAAYBE he’ll listen…? Regardless, it probably indicates more desire to trade, but maybe not as much as… “Eager to deal” or “seeking the best matchup” which is where GM A is calling up everyone in the Rolodex and saying,” Have I got a deal for you! AND if you ACT NOW…no? Well, how about……etc etc” All  those terms indicate at least partially dealing from a position of “I don’t have to” “I’m in no hurry” “if you don’t, someone else will,” and so on. But pity the guys who… ”Are willing to eat most of the contract…” the fools who rush in, and then find it veeeeery expensive to rush back out.. poor San Diego would be less poor if they hadn’t flung all that cash at Mr Hosmer, but they did, and he has been smiling ever since…and they..” are willing to eat most of his contract” Anyway, where does that leave the Orioles? We’re listening. Sure we are. Everyone listens except your cat in the backyard who doesn’t want to come in yet. We are “dangling”…. That means we’re listening a bit more earnestly, but still it’s our call. Nothing will happen unless it’s very good for the Bmore boys. So let’s see what kind of horse trader Mike is, and what can he bring home in return for the shiny bauble he is dangling…
    • I think we are going to have to get some favorable results from our own young pitchers to improve significantly in 2022. Last year was a bottom 20% outcome in that regard compared to the range of possible outcomes from that group.    If things break the other way in 2022 we could see a lot more wins.   But you can’t just expect that to happen given their performance to date.   
  • Popular Contributors