YardBirds13

It's Time: 2010-11 ACC Preview

By the way, the Heels are currently the only undefeated team in the ACC.

...I'm as shocked as you are.

(ETA: Not that they ARE undefeated, but that nobody else is. Y'know...like Duke.)

By the way, the Heels are currently the only undefeated team in the ACC.

...I'm as shocked as you are.

(ETA: Not that they ARE undefeated, but that nobody else is. Y'know...like Duke.)

...aaaaaand that lasted about one evening.

Gosh the ACC is really really really bad this year.

College basketball in general isn't that good this year...but yea, the ACC has been a huge disappointment.

If more than three teams get in from the ACC, I'll be shocked. Usually more than one team is at least APPROACHING "lock status, barring a meltdown"-ville, but wow. Just...wow.

Nice win for Florida State tonight. This is a really good team. They absolutely lock people down and with Singleton, Kitchen, Dulkys, Loucks, Snaer and their array of big men on the interior, I think they have emerged as the clear cut #2 behind Duke in the ACC.

I still think 5 teams get in from the ACC. Maybe 6, but probably 5.

Hi.

Remember me?

Here come the Heels.

Yep..starting to play well and their ACC schedule is pretty favorable the rest of the way, outside of the 2 Duke games.

Could be another season like last year where 2 teams win 13+ ACC games.

Yep..starting to play well and their ACC schedule is pretty favorable the rest of the way, outside of the 2 Duke games.

Could be another season like last year where 2 teams win 13+ ACC games.

Really starting to come together, as "The Epic" pointed out to me on Facebook, Marshall and Drew combined for 15 assists and only 3 turnovers tonight. That's huge.

Can't wait to play Duke next week, and see how far we've come.

Really starting to come together, as "The Epic" pointed out to me on Facebook, Marshall and Drew combined for 15 assists and only 3 turnovers tonight. That's huge.

Can't wait to play Duke next week, and see how far we've come.

I regret that UNC doesn't have any more games outside of the ACC. There won't really be a gauge of how good they are until (hopefully?) the Tourney. Duke's a great team, but they're still in a down ACC.

I regret that UNC doesn't have any more games outside of the ACC. There won't really be a gauge of how good they are until (hopefully?) the Tourney. Duke's a great team, but they're still in a down ACC.

I'll say one thing, our buzzer beating loss to Texas a few months ago looks much better now the way the Horns have been playing.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• “Mom and Dad, do you want your kids to end up like Chris Davis?  Well, better just give them the Aderall now, and not mess around with the Vyvanse. Little Johnny will fail the 7th grade otherwise.” -Every Psychiatrist 
    • I went Opening Day. I had a great experience.    Pros: - No traffic because the Pandemic.  - The lot under the bridge by the train was only $10 and took cash.  - No lines for the bathroom or when you enter the stadium.  - The staff there was really cool and you could tell that they were going the extra mile to make everyone comfortable.    Cons: - No Vendors in the stands. Such as beer man. (Hope Clarence is aight) - Long concession lines. Be smart and plan accordingly.  - The hand sanitizer machines were mostly empty that they had strategically placed.  Now what everyone is worried about. Mask wearing. Most people were very cool the entire time. The staff has even little paddle signs that they raise near someone to get them to put their mask on. I will say once I switched to the lower bowl at the end of the game, it was as if COVID never existed. The people in the cheap seats were 95% wearing masks at all times. Behind 1st base was about 25%. 
    • It seems like that the only possible way that the O’s (or most teams for that matter) can compete is by building an elite farm system.  Given how hard and how slow that process is, I wanted to ask the O’s experts on here a few simple question for discussion:   1. how long would you estimate that it takes for a team to go from a mediocre/poor farm system, to a system that has produced enough major league talent to win in the AL east?  Additionally, how long in your opinion does the pro club need to suck while building the farm. 2. is there a team that you would prefer that the O’s model their approach after?  Is it Tampa?  Toronto? St. Louis?  I think the Tampa model is the most brutally efficient, but I can’t see many people truly being happy with that model in the long haul (getting rid of good players while value is high, rarely spending a dollar in FA). 3. do you like the financial model of baseball as opposed to other professional leagues?  Baseball has always been my favorite sport, but it really seems to favor the larger market teams in the end.  Not that smaller market teams can’t compete, it’s just that every year it seems the larger market teams win.  I know there are some poor large market orgs, but I personally get disinterested when I see how imbalanced the competitive landscape can be at times.  
    • Same chance of getting you a championship in 2022.
    • o   lllllllllllllllllllllll. (vs. MARINERS, 12:35 PM)       llllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll        llllllllllllllllllllll.l (vs. MARINERS, 4:05 PM)     llllllllllllllll lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll    o
    • Contracts like Davis really hurts the game overall more than it hurts the individual team. Typically teams that have a bad contract just pick up and move on from the player...meanwhile the fans hold a grudge towards the player. Baltimore is doing a disservice to the game by not releasing him and moving on.
    • Yikes. Here's what the O's gave up in 24 hrs.:     WAR, 1991 ff.     Finley        43.5     Harnisch    17.6     Schilling    80.2     Tettleton    17.9     Total lost: 159.2 Davis        0.2     Robinson    -0.6     Total gained: -0.4         Total, net: 159.6 10 yrs    16 WAR/yr.     16 yrs.    10 WAR/yr.    
  • Popular Contributors