Munson

2004 College Lacrosse Thread

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by imagine29028 [/i]
[B]

Next week we're at Rutgers and then we start the CAA part of our schedule and two back to back night games at "the U" (I hate that title, saying) in early April against Nova and Mt. St Marys. [/B][/QUOTE]

Want me to tell Tom Judd (Towson PA guy) that? Most of us love "The U," and it's his little creation to call it that. But he does accept negative feedback on his little colluquisms. Though, don't speak negative of "Tigers will have maaaaaaaaaan advantage!" He won't change that. ;)

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wedge [/i]
[B] Though, don't speak negative of "Tigers will have maaaaaaaaaan advantage!" He won't change that. ;) [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually I don't mind that....but there was alot of comments in the stands about it on Sunday.

and why is the fight song played during lax games? :confused: IMO it should be Football only.

[B]Actually I don't mind that....but there was alot of comments in the stands about it on Sunday.

and why is the fight song played during lax games? :confused: IMO it should be Football only. [/B][/QUOTE]

Public relations asked me to play it after goals. The President has been hosting several fundraising parties in his suite the past few home games, so I think they are trying to rah-rah the crowd a bit. I find it a tad odd, but not too out of place. Anything to spark the usually tame crowd, maybe create some excitment, get more people out.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Munson [/i]
[B]There's a TV double header today. Delaware/UMBC 1:00 Ch. 2
Towson/Rutgers 3:00 CN8 [/B][/QUOTE]

Towson beat the Scarlet Knights 7-4....

and UDel beat UMBC 9-8...

Guest theklaffer
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Wedge [/i]
[B]Ugh. Awesome game, but UVA took out Towson in overtime. 9-8. [/B][/QUOTE]

Now they've done it to Hopkins too. Same score, also overtime. Ugh is right.

How does UVA lost to Air Force and Denver, while Hopkins spanks Syracuse and Princeton, then UVA beats Hopkins?

It's gotta be a mental block left over from last year's final.

Guest theklaffer
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Munson [/i]
[B]The Terps will be the new number 1 this week. UVA travels up to Byrd Stadium next Saturday. [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't see Hopkins dropping lower than #2, though. Considering Syracuse is #3 and they weren't in the same universe as the Jays. And #4 (Carolina) lost (barely) to Maryland. I actually would keep the top 4 the same, except switch Maryland to #1 and Hopkins to #2.

[B]Nova 11
Towson 20

Engleke (sp?) scores 8 goals.

I'm sure Wedge will be home soon, and fill us in some more (since I wasn't at the game tonight). [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah, just got home. Engelke was on freakin' FIRE. He could have EASILY broken the TU single game scoring record of 10 if Seaman hadn't done the smart thing and benched his starters. He also had 5 looks that either went wide or were saved by the 'Nova goalie. I was actually scouring my music selection to see if I had anything appropiate to play if he scored 11.

Otherwise it was a pretty unremarkable game. Reed Sothoron looked pretty bad, it was a good thing the offense was in high gear. I could have blocked half the goals he let in.

TU was also 70% off of face offs, and Ben DiFelice started the game off 12 for 12.

The Terps are really on a roll. They have a tough game against Navy next week than it's the big number 100 against Hopkins on the 17th.

The Hopkins/MD game should be great. Hopkins looked horrible against VA, came out lethargic against Carolina too. They were lucky to win that one. They don't look anything like the team that rolled Princeton and Syracuse.