Sign in to follow this  
blwalt17

Seinfeld

I watched an episode tonight called "Chaperone".

Jerry and Elaine were at a Yankee's game, but Elaine was wearing an Orioles cap. George talked to a very younger Buck (who made a cameo) about changing the jerseys from polyester to cotton, and they did. But in the next game all the jerseys shrunk.

You JUST saw this episode? For real?

Okay, you may borrow (and by borrow I mean pay me large sums of money) my complete Seinfeld DVD collection. ;)

My entire vocabulary comes from Seinfeld episodes. There is an episode for nearly every event that I come across.

Okay, you may borrow (and by borrow I mean pay me large sums of money) my complete Seinfeld DVD collection. ;)

My entire vocabulary comes from Seinfeld episodes. There is an episode for nearly every event that I come across.

That's my first thought. I guess I need to come to grips with the idea that there are people who can now legally drink who were seven or eight when Seinfeld ended.

I've always been a huge King of Queens guy, but now that I've seen every episode 3 or more times it's time to expand.

I've always been a huge King of Queens guy, but now that I've seen every episode 3 or more times it's time to expand.

I like King of Queens but it doesn't compare to Seinfeld. I've seen every Seinfeld at least 20 or more times and still turn it on every day at 7PM if I'm home. There is no doubt it was the best show ever!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 129 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• The comp is more to do with them having similar stances, slightly pull heavy swings, and profile than production. I googled Mookie Betts as a prospect and his scouting grades: Hit: 65 | Power: 45 | Run: 60 | Arm: 45 | Field: 55 https://www.mlb.com/news/mookie-betts-leads-bostons-updated-top-20-list/c-85946126 Here is Martin's scouting grades from the same place: HIT: 65 POWER: 50 RUN: 55 ARM: 50 FIELD: 55 https://www.mlb.com/prospects/draft/austin-martin-668885 Pretty similar profiles. Of course 95% of players with those scouting grades don't produce like Mookie Betts will.
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970, the Orioles defeated the Indians 5-4.  Dick Hall was credited with the win for his 1/3 of an inning of work in relief of Jim Palmer: Hall got Ray Fosse to pop out to second to end the 7th inning.  The Birds scored three runs in the bottom of the 7th which led to Hall's victory. Palmer hit his first homerun of the season leading off the third inning.  Don Buford went 1 for 3 with 2 RBI as well. For the record, Pete Richert recorded the save for the Orioles. BOX SCORE
    • Just to clarify, he’s talking specifically about pitchers that have justified being picked.
    • No, but the salary cap makes things very wonky in the NBA and NHL. While the NFLs system really screws over the players. The only way I see the MLBPA giving into a salary cap is if they cut the years of control right in half.  Which would basically change strategy away from developing home grown talent. 
    • I'm over the moon if Tork is available at 2. I get the defensive and athletic upside is limited, but that is such a special bat. .285 and 30 HR annually? Absolutely. Realistically, I wouldn't be upset with either Martin or Lacy at 2. Martin might not project the upside as a traditional 1-2, but there is something to be said for his tools across the board. Pitchers this high make me nervous as well, but a Rodriguez-Lacy-Hall top of the rotation sounds formidable, health permitting. 
    • So, former GM Jim Bowden is now writing for the Atlantic.  According to his research, there were 42 players taken among the 80 players selected in the first five picks of the 16 MLB drafts between 2000 and 2015 and only five of the 42 have justified the selection - Verlander, Price, Strausburg, Cole and Bauer.  Two of those pitchers, Verlander and Strausburg, were "no-brainer" decisions.  It is a hit rate far below WC's opening post.
    • Just keep chucking talent into the firebox and hope that coaching, video, personality tests, wearable tech, organizational philosophy, and the mysteries of the universe  squirt out some rare nuggets at a reasonable pace.
  • Popular Contributors