OFFNY

Teixeira: Bury Me in Pinstripes

He's not coming here ....... in fact, he's not leaving the Yankees, period ....... EVER .......... Buried in pinstripes ??? He is and always has been a Yankee fan. Don Mattingly was on his wall when he was a kid because he loved the Yankees.

I love when people show their true colors, and put to rest any speculation.

"I'm not going anywhere," Teixeira said as Yankees position players reported on Saturday. "I got that no-trade for a reason. I'm going to be buried in these pinstripes. You know what, I would be disappointed if the fans of New York weren't looking to make our team better, but they've just got to know I'm not leaving."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6138531

• Upvote 1

We really don't need anymore Mark T. threads. Nothing said by any of the applicable parties involved is going to change the sentiments of anybody, regardless of who they support, don't support, blame, etc. Nothing.

Edited by ShaneDawg85

Dang, if he liked the Yankees so much and lived in Serverna Park I'm glad I didn't go to high school with him. He would've gotten on my nerves!

Well if the Yankees sign Pujols, we'll see how badly he wants to be a Yankee as he'll likely be forced to DH...

Just curious - which of the two is generally considered to be the better defensive first baseman?

Just curious - which of the two is generally considered to be the better defensive first baseman?

Pujols, and the Yankees aren't going to pay 275-300 million for a DH.

Tex may want to be a Yankee, but if Pujols is an upgrade as he is now, they won't hesitate to move Tex IMO.

Edited by JTrea81

and I would would boo him if he were to sign here. Some people are not worthy, he is one of them. I look forward to seeing his face when the pinstripes lose to the O's.

He's not coming here ....... in fact, he's not leaving the Yankees, period ....... EVER .......... Buried in pinstripes ??? He is and always has been a Yankee fan. Don Mattingly was on his wall when he was a kid because he loved the Yankees.

I love when people show their true colors, and put to rest any speculation.

"I'm not going anywhere," Teixeira said as Yankees position players reported on Saturday. "I got that no-trade for a reason. I'm going to be buried in these pinstripes. You know what, I would be disappointed if the fans of New York weren't looking to make our team better, but they've just got to know I'm not leaving."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/news/story?id=6138531

Hit .256 Again Mark and see where you end up.

• Upvote 2

Tex may want to be a Yankee, but if Pujols is an upgrade as he is now, they won't hesitate to move Tex IMO.

Full no-trade clause.