ChaosLex

Do you like classical music?

Do you like classical music?  

20 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Do you like classical music?

Dang, scOtt, you posted the WHOLE piece. At 17+ minutes that takes dedication. :D

Dudamel looks like a rocker doesn't he?

Jesus! I just this second finished the whole performance. Synced to my iPhone cuz I still have no sound. Bolero is ROCKING! I can't decide if it's rock or funk!

ONE-two-THREE-four

or

ONE-two-THREE-four

:facepalm:

It's funk.

Real fast. ONEtwothreefour.

Real fast like 4 times in a full measure. The tempo is (purposefully) slow but the time sig is extremely staccato.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/erOEatu5aH8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Firebird.

So, I don't know how many guys will admit to having seen this movie and not cried. I don't think it's possible. Great movie and I watched it with my daughters a couple years ago when we were in the process of looking for a dog. The Akita is a great breed but I wanted to rescue a dog so we found a Siberian Husky which has features to the Akita and we love him.

The music from this movie was one of the most beautiful I can remember.

[video=youtube_share;-GoS28_nVdY]http://youtu.be/-GoS28_nVdY

[video=youtube_share;fJxgu8TtIWI]

Edited by Il BuonO

Otter in Animal House, was whistling ^^^^ the strings at 1:34 ish, when he walked into the lobby of the sorority, trying to pick up the roommate of the dead sister. :)

And dates for his three friends...

That string movement amazes me! I've gotten that stuck in my head for days, many times! The harmonies are so chaotic and yet wonderful. Different parts diving and swooping against the others. One of my favorites I'm glad I was made remember tonight. An old friend.

"What kind of bird are you? If you can't fly?" he said.

The duck replied "What kind of bird are you if you can't swim and dive into the pond?"

YouTube recommendations are getting smarter and smarter. And making me smarter as well. :)

[video=youtube;9rJoB7y6Ncs]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 203 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2018 End of Season Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2019 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970, the last day before the All-Star break, the Orioles split a double header with the Detroit Tigers.  The Birds dropped game one 7-3 but came back to win game two 13-3.  The team enters the break with a 54-33 record. Dave McNally (12-6) was shelled in the first game: 2.2 IP, 6 H, 7 R, 1 K, 3 HR allowed).  The Orioles were held to 6 hits with Davey Johnson going 2 for 4 with 1 run scored. BOX SCORE Game two started much like game one did.  Starter Tom Phoebus lasted 2.2 innings and allowed 3 runs on 5 hits while walking 2 and striking out 1.  Dick Hall relieved Phoebus and recorded the win with his 6.1 inning effort.  Hall allowed 1 hit and 1 walk in his appearance. Boog Powell, Elrod Hendricks and Merv Rettenmund all homered for the Orioles.  Rettenmund went 4 for 5 with 2 2B, 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Powell went 2 for 5 with 2 runs scored and 4 RBI.  Hendricks went 2 for 4 with 2 runs scored and 2 RBI.  Brooks Robinson contributed a 3 for 4 with 1 2B and 1 run scored effort as well. BOX SCORE
    • #50THANNIVERSARY On this day in 1970 the Orioles defeated the Detroit Tigers 6-5.  Mike Cuellar improved to 11-5 on the year with a 7.0 inning effort in which he allowed 5 runs on 8 hits while walking 2 and striking out 2. Cuellar helped himself out by going 3 for 4 with a homerun (his second), 1 run scored and 2 RBI.  Homeruns by Elrod Hendricks (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) and Terry Crowley (1 for 4, 1 R, 2 RBI) accounted for the rest of the Orioles run total. Bill Freehan came up big for the Tigers: 3 for 3, 1 3B, 1 HR, 3 runs scored and 1 RBI. BOX SCORE
    • Variations in value on players almost don't matter if they're talented enough, because salaries are pro-rated.  The short season makes wacky things like us signing Puig for a $4 million (after the pro rata adjustment) deal plausible.  That wouldn't be worth it at all if we had to pay for a full season.  A player would have to be massively overvalued for him to not make sense.
    • Well the Festus and Doc back and forth mostly. "When you start to read the readin. How do you know the feller that wrote the readin wrote the readin right!?"
    • Didn't know I liked Gunsmoke until I started watching it about a year ago.
    • It would appear he's making music now!
  • Popular Contributors