Hank Scorpio

At What Point...

Adam Kennedy..signed a minor league deal with Seattle. Mostly played 2b and 90 games at 3b. he also has played 1b. He also hits left handed which works well with r/h Reynolds/Lee and Vlad.

I think a pitcher like Troy Patton would work.

According to MLBTR these guys are still out there:

Second basemen

Willy Aybar (28)

David Eckstein (36) - Type B, not offered arb

Cristian Guzman (33)

Julio Lugo (35):eek:

I'd take any of these guys (except for Lugo) as my backup. If we can't do that, then I would go with Andino.

Here's a crazy thought. Would you trade a mediocre prospect or two for Michael Young if the Rangers pay half the salary? Something like Jason Berken, Matt Angle and Troy Patton?

Nah...No place to play him if BRob is ok.

Lots of doctors on the OH predicted this. The prescription is going to be Izturis or Harris, especially if they think it's just going to be a 2-3 week thing with Roberts.

No need to panic. A lot of teams are having these usual issues right now. Some are way more serious - Wainwright, Utley, and Grienke for instance. Adrian Gonzalez hasn't played yet. Hellickson's been hurt. Aaron Hill hasn't played. It's just a part of baseball that every team faces.

You're right in that panic moves rarely turn out good but if we are not developing a solid contingency plan we are foolish and from my perspective AM is no fool. You can safely assume that AM and his team have been "scouring rosters" for viable alternatives since the first moment Roberts said Ouch.

Exactly. Perhaps "panic" was too strong of a term, but if they're not seriously looking at contingency plans given the length of this latest setback, they absolutely should be. Heading into the season with Andino, Izzy, Harris, et. al. as the starting 2B would be completely foolhardy.

I'm shocked, SHOCKED, to find there is gambling going on in here...

Only three years and $30 million left on this oh-so-wise extension!

A $4 million insurance policy on Roberts? I don't think so, especially with all the other money they spent this winter.

Lets revisit this thought at the end of the year when Izzy has played 80-100 games at second!

I'm crestfallen. Love B-Rob, but I really feel like this should've been dealt with more aggressively last year. Was surgery an option?

Also, as an aside, love that he scolded the media a couple of weeks ago when they were asking him about his neck. He really looks pretty foolish right about now.

I can't believe certain (ahem) people are still trying to put a happy face on this situation. Hear the phone? Reality is on Line 1.

B-Rob, I'm afraid, is toast.

BRob has been my favorite Oriole for years. I am afraid that his career is over. The extension was to pay him for his previous service. I'm sure know expected him to actually earn it. Was hoping for less than a total collapse though.

BRob has been my favorite Oriole for years. I am afraid that his career is over. The extension was to pay him for his previous service. I'm sure know expected him to actually earn it. Was hoping for less than a total collapse though.

Let's not miss the bowl while urinating, here... I'm not quite ready to discount Roberts entirely, but the nagging back issues are certainly good reason to prepare yourself for the worst.

I would imagine Buck is thinking about contingency plans as we speak.

Seems like a prudent move at this point.

Obviously, BRob signed the extension for the waters...

I sense a little snarkiness? ;)

The extension though made sense at the time because he didn't have any back issues. When B-rob is on the field he's certainly worth the $10 million a year, but unfortunately he hasn't been on the field enough within the last year.

Maybe some can say "I told you so!" but I felt Roberts' game would hold up and he would perform to its value. Unfortunately the back issues have presented themselves, but otherwise I thought the extension was solid.