OFFNY

Why (and When) did You Become an Oriole Fan ???

49 minutes ago, Il BuonO said:

Is there another thread with a similar topic? I know I’ve told my Orioles story before, but it’s not in that thread.

I remember a bunch of them. They seem to pop up during the off-season usually.  OFFNY’s is the one I remember the most. 

Moved back to the USA from UK in the early 70’s, went  to an Orioles game with my Dad when we came home, and never stopped going after that. I had never seen baseball in my life, and I was hooked through the good and bad of the Orioles.

Edited by Yachtsman

I was 7 when I went to my first game in 1962 against the Tigers (Boog Powell was in left field). I remember seeing that beautiful green field when we came up the ramp; that did it for me.

Edited by ScottP

I spent 2 weeks every summer with my Grandparents in College Park, MD from late 70’s to mid-to-late 80’s.  We would watch the Orioles nightly on TV and my Grandfather would explain the game to me.  We would make a game or two in Baltimore if their health was up for it.  I was always fascinated how each defensive player had a defensive assignment no matter where the ball was hit.  Great memories!

Edited by O’s Fan in Texas

Went to a few games as a child in the early 90s. Was a casual fan for the most part until '98-'99 that's when I really found my love for baseball and the O's.

Was hooked my first visit to Memorial Stadium in 1959. Something about the smell of popcorn mixed with cigar smoke and oh that green, green grass - really got to this five-year old.

• Upvote 1