ScottieBaseball

Orioles Hangout Top 10 Prospects: #8 - Garrett Olson - LHP

Who's #8 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?  

72 members have voted

1. 1. Who's #8 on the Orioles Hangout Top Prospect List?

• Scott Moore
    • Tim Bascom
    • Nolan Reimold
    • David Hernandez
    • Garrett Olson

It's that time of year, folks! Through talks with various scouts in and outside the Orioles organization, minor league operations executives, minor league coaches and managers, and the players themselves the Orioles Hangout staff has come up with the top 30 prospects in the organization.

Over the next two weeks we'll be releasing our Top 10 Orioles Organizational Prospects List.

Here's the list so far:

10. Zach Britton - LHP

9. Pedro Beato - RHP

8. ??????

Chime in with who you think is going to be #8 on the list in our poll.

I'm going agree here that it is David Hernandez....

If I could make a back-up it would be Olson.

I would have to say Reimold is top 5 since he will have a remote chance to make the majors this year and still has good upside.

Tim Bascom I do not know enough about, but I see him as a fast mover through the system, but not quite as much upside....A righthanded Olson and therefore I would say he does not make the top 10.

I also think Scott Moore should be outside of the Top 10 as his upside is probably a league average player in the majors.

I say Hernandez-Olson at 7/8.

EDIT: Here is the rest of my top 10 (I don't see Hernandez making it now that I take a deeper look)

8. Garrett Olson

7. Brandon Erbe

6. Jake Arieta

5. Chorye Spoone

4. Billy Rowell

3. Nolan Reimold

2. Radhames Liz

1. Matt Wieters

I pegged Arrieta for this spot.

I think Olson is too low at this point.

I will go with Reimold, whom i also think is too low for this point BUT his injuries could have held him back.

If it is Hernandez, i will be really surprised to see who else falls out of the top 10.

I pegged Arrieta for this spot.

I think Olson is too low at this point.

I will go with Reimold, whom i also think is too low for this point BUT his injuries could have held him back.

If it is Hernandez, i will be really surprised to see who else falls out of the top 10.[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why you don't believe that Hernandez shouldn't be in the Top 10???:confused:

I don't understand why you don't believe that Hernandez shouldn't be in the Top 10???:confused:

Over who though?

Wieters

Rowell

Erbe

Olson

Liz

Reimold

Spoone

Arrieta

I will be very surprised if those players aren't the remaining 8(not in that order).

Over who though?

Wieters

Rowell

Erbe

Olson

Liz

Reimold

Spoone

Arrieta

I will be very surprised if those players aren't the remaining 8(not in that order).

That's why I was susprised that Hernandez wasn't 9th. I still think if he makes 8 then Arrieta will be @ 11

Tony has basically already said he is going to be in the top 10 though.

When did he say that??? Also as I said before I'm susprised that Hernandez wasn't @ 9

When did he say that???

First page of #10 prospect thread:

However, both Weiter and Arrieta have enough good scouting reports to be included on our top prospect lists. We have grudgingly included them which is something we've never done before.

I am going with Bascom. It is a reach but he could have gone in the 1st round as well and he was dominant when he first entered the minors.

I didnt even think about Moore.

Honestly, I thought Snyder was going to go 8th.

It must have been tough this year to choose 9-15....I think they all could be drawn out of a hat and the results end up being just as accurate.

Not that Tony, Scott and John didn't do their homework, just that i am sure it was close for a lot of these guys.

First page of #10 prospect thread:

Where does that say he is going in the Top 10. All it said is that he would be included in the prospect list. Maybe I'm wrong. . . .