BaltimoreTerp

Irving Leaves Duke For NBA

Well that blows.

If UNC doesn't win the title next year, the season will be a disappointment.

Barnes staying is unreal.....He must be afraid of the lockout or something because he has no business being in college anymore, at least as a basketball player.

And Harrison Barnes is returning. So they have their team from this year coming back with the additions of a pretty darn impressive freshmen class. Wow.
Well that blows.

If UNC doesn't win the title next year, the season will be a disappointment.

Barnes staying is unreal.....He must be afraid of the lockout or something because he has no business being in college anymore, at least as a basketball player.

First of all, I disagree with the sentiment that Barnes returning "blows," even though I'm a Duke fan. Anytime a kid chooses to stay in college, it makes me happy. It will be very tough for Duke to beat UNC next year, but that's the way it goes.

As to Barnes' decision, I think his game will benefit a lot from another year. He has a ton of talent, but he was wildly inconsistent, and in my opinion he'll be a much better player by next March than he is now.

First of all, I disagree with the sentiment that Barnes returning "blows," even though I'm a Duke fan. Anytime a kid chooses to stay in college, it makes me happy. It will be very tough for Duke to beat UNC next year, but that's the way it goes.

As to Barnes' decision, I think his game will benefit a lot from another year. He has a ton of talent, but he was wildly inconsistent, and in my opinion he'll be a much better player by next March than he is now.

Barnes is too good for college. By the time he settled down his hype and game, he was ridiculously good and was he was very effortless doing it.

And Harrison Barnes is returning. So they have their team from this year coming back with the additions of a pretty darn impressive freshmen class. Wow.

So go ahead and book the 2011-12 ACC title to UNC. And all signs seem to be pointing towards Jordan Williams leaving UM for the NBA. Well, things are looking so bad in College Park that the Terps just might have to reconsider accepting an invite to play in the CBI next season. :rolleyes:

Barnes is too good for college. By the time he settled down his hype and game, he was ridiculously good and was he was very effortless doing it.

I expect him to be a Player of the Year candidate next year, but why not enjoy seeing him come out and do it? I don't buy the "too good for college" line. Michael Jordan played three years of college ball; it won't hurt Barnes to play another year. I enjoy seeing players go from very good (which is what Barnes was last year) to great as they mature. If it comes at Duke's expense, so be it. I don't blame Kyrie Irving for going pro, but I'd rather watch these guys as long as I can.

I expect him to be a Player of the Year candidate next year, but why not enjoy seeing him come out and do it? I don't buy the "too good for college" line. Michael Jordan played three years of college ball; it won't hurt Barnes to play another year. I enjoy seeing players go from very good (which is what Barnes was last year) to great as they mature. If it comes at Duke's expense, so be it. I don't blame Kyrie Irving for going pro, but I'd rather watch these guys as long as I can.

Sorry but this is horrible.

I guess you are a bigger college bball fan than Duke fan, which is fine.

Sorry but this is horrible.

I guess you are a bigger college bball fan than Duke fan, which is fine.

I'm not really a bigger college bb fan than a Duke fan. In fact, I rarely watch an NCAA regular season game unless Duke is playing. Still, I like seeing great players play. And honestly, Duke probably isn't a serious national championship contender next year in any event, unless their big men take an enormous step forward.

BTw, it will be interesting to see if Knight and Jones come back for Kentucky.

If they come back, Kentucky could have 5 lottery picks in next year's draft as their starting 5, which would be pretty sick.