Sign in to follow this  
Dr. FLK

Larranaga Leave GMU for Miami

I was shocked to see that Larranaga left GMU for Miami. As a VCU and CAA basketball fan, I have a lot of respect for him and what he did for the conference as a whole. That being said, I do think that Hewitt is a good hire.

Absolutely a solid hire to replace Coach L. I thought they'd wind up with Jeff Jones from American. I'm looking forward to seeing the contract details for Hewitt.

Of course its the right decision.

Bottom line is he can and will get better talent at Miami than he can get at GMU.

GMU has done some good things but overall, it doesn't have the conference, money(both for him and the program) or facilities Miami has.

Miami could be a very solid program.

Bumpity bump: Not if this gets any traction...

http://sports.yahoo.com/investigations/news;_ylt=Ai7nIMf6h9PKbdxog5EvMYg5nYcB?slug=cr-renegade_miami_booster_details_illicit_benefits_081611

Absolutely a solid hire to replace Coach L. I thought they'd wind up with Jeff Jones from American. I'm looking forward to seeing the contract details for Hewitt.

Thank goodness we have a actual coach again. Hewitt was a program disaster to say the least. They should have never left Coach L go.

With that being said, Dave Paulsen is doing a excellent job with a young team. Was always a big fan of him when he was at Bucknell.

Felt great taking down Vcu tonight.

"Most damaging loss of the night: VCU falling to rebuilding George Mason. Rams are probably A-10 tournament title-or-bust now."

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Orioles Information

Orioles News and Information

Daily Organizational Boxscores
News

Tony's Takes

Orioles Roster Resource

Orioles Prospect Information

2020 Top 30 Prospects List

Prospect Scouting Reports

Statistics

2020 Orioles Stats

2019 Orioles Minor League Stats

Baseball Savant Stats

• As much as I hate losing, a 2021 season where we secure one last high draft slot and develop a number of guys into productive ML regulars would be fine with me. 2021 isn’t going to provide a playoff push, so winning isn’t the metric I care about. I care about player development, ML and MiL. And I want to replenish our system with presumably a decent number of our top prospects moving out of the minors. Losing 2-1 games actually is completely five with me. After this season, they’ll drive me mad again. Strange things, these rebuilds. 
    • I can’t be the only one who saw a list like this and could hear Bordick reading off each of these numbers in succession despite them being shown on the screen. Mike Bordick, eternal friend of the visually impaired. 
    • Well, the Orioles got off to a terrible start in what is hopefully Elias' final tankathon season. They owned the 28th pick in the 2022 MLB draft upon leaving Boston. However, they've now rallied up to the number four pick, just two games behind Colorado. The Elijah Green sweepstakes are under way!
    • Of course I knew him but I never watched him. I thought those cartoons were stupid, even as an 8-year old. Tom and Jerry too. But the Warner bros gang were brilliant.  i was very fond of Mighty Mouse, too. The artwork was stunning.
    • Dont hold you're breath. 
    • o   Young man, you're no Walter Johnson.   o
    • I think a fan with a certain bit of refinement should understand that prospect rankings are not definitive statements on the health of a player development system.  What the O's need to be able to do to win consistently at the ML level is find and develop players better than their peers.  Taking Rutchsman doesn't actually resolve that issue.  Whiffing on 1-2 doesn't resolve that issue.  Neither does losing 100 games a year.  That issue is resolved in improving the O's processes in finding and developing amateur talent.  So if you want to criticize Elias or the rebuild, criticize that.  The fact that the O's stink in 2021, or 2020, or 2023, was predestined several years before it happened. You hit the O's biggest organizational failure on the head: The failure to develop quality pitching.  I've said this before and I'll say it again: The reason so many highly ranked minor league arms fail here and go on to do better elsewhere in some cases is because pitching for the O's is the most difficult pitching environment in the big leagues, and I don't think it is close.  Based on who and where you pitch, this is easily the worst place to pitch in the major leagues, other than maybe Colorado. So if Elias doesn't solve that particular riddle, he is mostly likely to fail.  I don't think he's infallible.  It's very possible he does fail.  But I'm not going to get up in arms about the O's being shit 2 and a half years into what I takes twice that time to favorably construct.
  • Popular Contributors