OFFNY

vs. MARINERS 5 / 12

I do not see how, scoring position 1 out means the next 2 batters get a hit you win.

Yeah, but if you don't bunt you have three chances. It's counterintuitive, but it's supposedly true.

This may not turn out to be the worst hitting Orioles team ever, but right now, so far, it is one of the absolute worst groups in one of the most pervasive team funks I have ever seen....Reynolds, no clue, Roberts, no clue, Lee, no clue, Markakis, extraordinarily weak, Guerrero, very weak ...only guys with any hitting thus far at all are Jones, Andino, Hardy and Pie...

Seriously? I admit that I haven't read any studies in several years on this subject, but it used to be 4% or so tilted to 2nd/one out vs 1st/zero out. Has it seriously changed? Can you quickly point me to new info on this that is germane? I don't want to see total run expectancy. That is obviously higher.

Its one of the basic principles of sabremetrics. You seem reasonably smart, I am sure you can use the Google.

You have got to be kidding me. Someone please bench that loser. He needs to sit for about a week straight.

Should fix his swing that.

Relax, he's mad because I pointed out his bizarre man-rush on the Mariners starter and now he's been arguing any point I make since.

Whether CoC is right or not (and he may be, he is quite well versed on stuff like this), the information you posted wasn't even slightly on point. You had the situation completely wrong. He would tell you that himself. Trust me, challenging you isn't on my list of things that I need to do.

Edited by vatech1994

Its one of the basic principles of sabremetrics. You seem reasonably smart, I am sure you can use the Google.

Seriously, you have NO IDEA what you're talking about here. You're just another guy spouting stuff you don't understand. Quiet now. Let the grown ups talk for a bit. CoC will actually be able to explain and point to a subject that is, you know, on point. Go look up "total run expectancy" if you need something to do.