Sign in to follow this  
ChaosLex

Jen Royle is the gift that keeps giving on Twitter

Her attitude reminds me so much of an ex-girlfriend of mine, it's scary.

I think if you looked up the definition of HIGH Maintenance and you would see a picture of Jen.

Waiting for her to tweet a picture of herself in her underwear to some young college kid, she randomly follows. ;) Then we'll hear how she was both hacked and stalked on Twitter.

I would have no issue seeing this!

While Jen Royle has brought virtually nothing to the sports conversation in Baltimore, she has been a lot of fun to joke about.

• Upvote 1

While Jen Royle has brought virtually nothing to the sports conversation in Baltimore, she has been a lot of fun to joke about.

She's the Laura Vescey of this new decade.

No offense, but reporting sports related information is not that difficult! It gets tougher when you are expected to ask the type of questions that harm much of the goodwill you get from the players. As fans we want someone to ask guys like Ramon Hernandez why he doesn't hustle around the bases, but that might not be in the best interest of the sports reporter.

Reporting and journalism are not the same thing. Sports journalism is much more difficult IMO. I think guys like Jon Miller were good because they kind of filled two hats. They pulled their own stats to make their own arguements and angles while commentating on a game.

I'm sure it's tough being a female in a male's world, but she's ENTIRELY too defensive. She'll be run out of town soon, I'm sure.

She's the kind that actually makes it more difficult for women in sports. I'm perfectly happy to read or listen to or watch a woman report or comment on sports, as long as they are good at it. If not, I'll dislike them just like any man that isn't any good at their job. But there are still people that fit a whole range of misogynistic beliefs in the world, and doing as poor a job as she does with the attitude she has can only reinforce such beliefs.

I insulted Laura Vescey earlier with that comparison, because even though she was a questionable hire from the start and never really moved above mediocre here in Baltimore, I don't remember hearing of her acting in such a way even to those who deserved it. Maybe it was partly because social networking in all online forms was still in its infancy, but I think she really was a more professional person.

She's the kind that actually makes it more difficult for women in sports. I'm perfectly happy to read or listen to or watch a woman report or comment on sports, as long as they are good at it. If not, I'll dislike them just like any man that isn't any good at their job.

I know it's been said before but Britt Ghiroli is a perfect example. She's nothing but professional, never injects herself into the story, and is all around one of the better reporters to cover the O's in a while.

I know it's been said before but Britt Ghiroli is a perfect example. She's nothing but professional, never injects herself into the story, and is all around one of the better reporters to cover the O's in a while.

Exactly. And Amber, of course.