VeveJones007

O's to take Archie Bradley? Nope, Dylan Bundy!

They can't really be this stupid, can they?

This has to be propaganda to try and get leverage on who they really want, right?

Melewski's latest has an update that says Keith Laws most recent mock has us taking Bradley.

So they'd pass on the best HS arm to take the 2nd or 3rd best HS arm???

This has to be propaganda to try and get leverage on who they really want, right?

Why? Roch said they like him..I don't think Roch saying that is going to cause any leverage.

We have heard his name connected to them already, so why not? If the other guys want more money, then the Orioles could easily wuss out on this.

But hey, Jordan says that he can draft who he wants and money isn't an option..what a bunch of crap.

I hope so, but the word is signability pick. :(

We'd still be better to take a guy and not sign him then take a lesser guy who would likely end up being lesser.

Bradley has been rated the 2nd or 3rd best HS pitcher in this draft, not sure if he's a Hobgood pick because he has a football scholarship to the University of Oklahoma and has some pretty aggressive (just below Bundy) bonus demands. He is generally viewed as a 5-10 pick.

The problem I'd have with this pick is that they'd be passing over the #1 HS pitcher to draft him. And that guy is a LOT more polished right now. The O's have shown a consistent problem with getting guys with control issues to throw strikes and develop that part of their game. That's what worries me about Bradley. His ceiling is awesome. The O's just don't develop players well enough to have them hit their ceilings. That's why I'd rather they take Bundy, or go for Hultzen, who lacks the ceiling but is significantly more polished.

Seriously, this is getting absurd...too much smoke here to ignore this.

I'll reserve my angst for when/if it actually happens.

It is extremely annoying to hear.

Seriously, this is getting absurd...too much smoke here to ignore this.

Agreed. You saw that Law has us taking him now in his latest mock, right?

So that's Heyman, Law, Roch and Melewski that I know I'd that are saying this.

Is Jungmann going to be a tough sign?

How can they be worried about signability? There is a good chance that the new CBA will have a hard slotting system next year..This is the last year for these guys to get good money..The Orioles will have the leverage.

Tell me they aren't this stupid?

You have to wonder what the impact of signing guys like Vlad is on this?

Why? Roch said they like him..I don't think Roch saying that is going to cause any leverage.

We have heard his name connected to them already, so why not? If the other guys want more money, then the Orioles could easily wuss out on this.

But hey, Jordan says that he can draft who he wants and money isn't an option..what a bunch of crap.

If this happens due to signability, the fans that are left should revolt.

I can't imagine he'd be an easier sign. They still have to talk him into not playing football at Oklahoma. I think it's much more a poor evaluation, which frankly is equally as troubling.

I really hope this isn't true. There's just somethng about the name Archie Bradley that makes me think bust. I don't know what it is, but I felt the same way about Hobgood's name when we drafted him.