Sign in to follow this  
joew

1st rd (4) - Dylan Bundy - RHP, Owasso HS

Does anyone actually think he will be a tough sign?

Depends on what you mean by tough. I think he will be a late sign and I think he will get a deal well above slot. I do not, at this point, think there is a real chance he doesn't sign.

Does anyone actually think he will be a tough sign?

Despite what being bantered about, I think Bundy will sign quickly if the Orioles make the right offer from the start. I think he wants to be pitching on the same team with his brother ASAP.

Despite what being bantered about, I think Bundy will sign quickly if the Orioles make the right offer from the start. I think he wants to be pitching on the same team with his brother ASAP.

No one signs significantly overslot deals early in the process. Pretty sure MLB wouldn't approve them even if both sides were amendable.

You have to think he's very excited to have a chance to be teammates with his brother. He'll sign, but I expect it goes to the deadline.

I'm very happy choosing Bundy over the other pitchers available. I have some reservations about passing on Rendon. Time will tell.

I doubt the Orioles would let him log too many innings even if he did want to sign immediately.

I like that we have Klein and Bundy x 2 now. More pitching should be on the way.

BTW, I can't wait to hear how Bobby feels about this.

Going to try and get ahold of him after the game and get thoughts on his latest gem and of a great night for the Bundy family.

Who is Bundy's agent? Any chance we see him get decent innings this season?

It's BBI, for whom his father advises. BBI, with the help of Denver Bundy, guided his brother Bobby to the highest bonus (600K) in history for an 8th round pick. They are serious business.

Dylan will sign, but expect it to go down to the deadline (potentially for the last time if the CBA is altered next year) and expect him to be paid well (6-9 MM).

Iam very happy that we took the best high school pitcher. Its a relief after all the nonsense we've been hearing all day. I still think we would have been better with Starling or Rendon.

If Bundy wants to be an Oriole, I don't understand why it should take until mid-August to sign him to a contract.

I can understand that maybe they don't want to have him log anymore innings, but they should be able to get this done and that will give them a good idea how there budget will shape up the rest of the way.

BTW, I can't wait to hear how Bobby feels about this.

Part of the rules is that deals have to be approved by the commissioner's office. Perhaps foolish, however that is the way it works unless for some reason a prospect wants to sign for suggested slot money it will be the last 24 hours to the signing deadline.

Don't beat yourself up over this. The main thing is that they got best player available.

I'm very happy with this pick. Rendon's shoulder scared me, and he hasn't wow'ed me at any of the games I've attended this year (we were knocked out of the regionals last night =[ ), but I'll be quite pleased to watch him develop in DC.

I'm very happy with this pick. Rendon's shoulder scared me, and he hasn't wow'ed me at any of the games I've attended this year (we were knocked out of the regionals last night =[ ), but I'll be quite pleased to watch him develop in DC.

Some experts were saying the new bats had a lot to do with that.

I'm glad that Rendon ended up in the NL.

Per Britt Ghiroli via Twitter:

Bundy said he teared up a little bit when his name was called by the #Orioles. Said the $ reports, which reached 30-mill, were accurate.

She said they were not accurate earlier. Also, Melewski quoted Jordan as saying they weren't accurate.

Like I said in the other thread, I don't see him getting much more than Taillon signed for last year. If we go cheap the rest of the draft, I'll be MOST displeased.

I wonder if his bonus demands were designed to scare others off for orioles to unite with his brother.