Tony-OH

2nd Round - Jason Esposito - 3B - Vanderbilt University

The kids glove is far above anyone in farm system ew have . Get him the help he needs with his bat. Go watch this kid play defense

The problem is, from a front office perspective, third base is a position that requires a certain threshold for offensive performance. There just aren't enough opportunities for a third baseman to affect a game with his defense (from a value perspective) to outweigh a drastic under performance on the offensive side. Put another way, you can much easier tolerate fringy defense with an average bat than you can bad offense with very good defense.

It's pretty simple. Every one of fdawg's posts is Esposito centric. They obviously, at the very least, know Esposito personally.

Or maybe be him. If so, we say hello. I don't believe that he is better than Machado, or Valencia, or Shoop, or Navarro at third base. I do believe that some in the organization are upset that Delmonico got moved to third. He is still a work in progress defensively, but a much better bat prospect. I imagine that is where that "get him some help" gripe comes from.

Edited by weams

I live in Nashville. An watch him for three years play at vanderbilt . Just know alot more about him than most .

He was highly touted on many levels. I hope that he surprises us. If not, it will not be a matter of our organization messing up a prize. There were many that thought he was a great college player and not a pro prospect.

The problem is, from a front office perspective, third base is a position that requires a certain threshold for offensive performance. There just aren't enough opportunities for a third baseman to affect a game with his defense (from a value perspective) to outweigh a drastic under performance on the offensive side. Put another way, you can much easier tolerate fringy defense with an average bat than you can bad offense with very good defense.

Thanks for saying it better than I could.

Or maybe be him. If so, we say hello. I don't believe that he is better than Machado, or Valencia, or Shoop, or Navarro at third base. I do believe that some in the organization are upset that Delmonico got moved to third. He is still a work in progress defensively, but a much better bat prospect. I imagine that is where that "get him some help" gripe comes from.

That would be why I said "at the very least" :) to account for that possibility or a family members/significant other. I have also been rather polite by my standards.

I have not heard any reports about his defense at third this year but I remember hearing he was a disappointment last season with the glove.

If "some help" was all that was necessary for top hitting prospects to turn into ML hitters, then you'd see a much higher percentage of hitting prospects turning into ML hitters. Suggesting that he isn't getting any help implies that the organization is just saying "he sucks, ignore him", which obviously isn't in their best interests since they made a big investment in him.