YardBirds13

The Sean Singletary Farewell Tour has Begun!

Hey Terp fans, anybody think Jeff Jones could help them out???

With all due respect, what kind of question is that?

No, we thought it was great when one of the top recruits in the nation decided not to come here.

Sorry about that Glenn, that was a little bit of a cheap shot that I made at 4 am perhaps (okay maybe more than perhaps) highly intoxicated.

I was just excited about the huge win, and keep remembering a post from a Terp fan earlier in the year that casually predicted the Terps would sweep Virginia, as if it was a foregone conclusion.

The Jones shot wasn't said in the best taste, and I take back the way I said it.

I try not to talk too much trash, because I see myself as someone who can look at all the teams in the ACC pretty objectively. Sorry about that guys.

Heeeeeeeeyoooooooo!!!

That is just a huge win for us.

That will look great on the tourney resume come March.

Sean's numbers: 24 pts, 8 assists, 4 rebounds.

It gets no easier for us. Drexel is a really good team from the CAA in our next game. Hey Terp fans, anybody think Jeff Jones could help them out???

Drexel is terrible this year, although they were a fringe tournament team last year. Penn took them to overtime, and after losing to Loyola and Howard (yes, Howard) by double digits, I think Penn may be the worst team in Division I this year. Elegar is big, but they don't utilize him well (or didn't in that game) imo.

Drexel is terrible this year, although they were a fringe tournament team last year. Penn took them to overtime, and after losing to Loyola and Howard (yes, Howard) by double digits, I think Penn may be the worst team in Division I this year. Elegar is big, but they don't utilize him well (or didn't in that game) imo.

That's just simply not true.

They were picked to finish fourth in a really deep, really good CAA this year. Elegar is a very solid big man, and their little guard (name escapse me, leading the team in scoring right now) can cause tons of problems.

I certainly think we will take care of them at home, but Drexel is not even close to terrible this year. They will be a bubble type team once February comes around, and they have a shot to win the CAA.

That's just simply not true.

They were picked to finish fourth in a really deep, really good CAA this year. Elegar is a very solid big man, and their little guard (name escapse me, leading the team in scoring right now) can cause tons of problems.

I certainly think we will take care of them at home, but Drexel is not even close to terrible this year. They will be a bubble type team once February comes around, and they have a shot to win the CAA.

I guess they just had a bad game in their opener because they scored about 20 points in the second half and just looked completely out of sync.

I guess they just had a bad game in their opener because they scored about 20 points in the second half and just looked completely out of sync.

Yea, I'm sure that's all it was. Lots of teams don't look good in their openers.

Drexel will be an NCAA team this year, IMO.

After grinding through a tough first half and dealing with probably the best big man in the CAA, Virginia beat Drexel last night 72-58. That wwin will definitely be a Top 100 RPI win, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it ends up being a Top 50 RPI win. Frank Elegar was really fantastic for Drexel, but none of his teammates could match his production. A solid win over a pretty good mid-major team.

As for the ACC POY, 24 pts, 7 rebounds, and 5 assists.

Next up, the small tournament at the Palestra. They get Penn in the opener, which, although the Palestra is a tough place to play, the should handle. They then get most likely Seton Hall, which is another game they should win.

After grinding through a tough first half and dealing with probably the best big man in the CAA, Virginia beat Drexel last night 72-58. That wwin will definitely be a Top 100 RPI win, and I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it ends up being a Top 50 RPI win. Frank Elegar was really fantastic for Drexel, but none of his teammates could match his production. A solid win over a pretty good mid-major team.

Next up, the small tournament at the Palestra. They get Penn in the opener, which, although the Palestra is a tough place to play, the should handle. They then get most likely Seton Hall, which is another game they should win.

Penn looked very good last night in destroying Citadel and took Drexel to OT earlier this season in what may as well have been a neutral court (more Drexel fans than Penn fans).

We really have only one established player in Brian Grandieri, so we need our freshmen to step up. Harrison Gaines can continue to penetrate and find open men (12 assists last night) and Tyler Bernardini can continue his momentum from last game and hit outside shots, we could keep it close. That said, the home field advantage will probably be negligible because everyone will be gone for Thanksgiving BreaK (I have a ticket that I'm not using in the fifth row). We have looked terrible in 5/8 halves this year, so I expect us to lose by over 15.

I watched little bits of the game. I would have watched more, but it was really sloppy - almost like a MD game, lol. Drexel, including Elegar, made a lot of unforced turnovers. And as good as Singleton is, he's got to cut down on the turnovers - though I concur that his teammates don't help much.

Boy, Hansbrough's passing must've improved some, although those rebounds area a little low for him. ;)

My Man Dan!!! Nicely done! You beat me to it! I was going to use Lawson though!

My Man Dan!!! Nicely done! You beat me to it! I was going to use Lawson though!

Well you beat me to the one about the "best PG in the ACC", although I was going to use Vazquez (not that I actually believe that, especially since he's not really a PG, I just need to stand by my team).

Clearly, great minds think alike.

I'm looking forward to watching Singletary tonight and not having to root against him as I normally do. If Virginia doesn't beat Penn by 35-40, something went horribly wrong.

Well you beat me to the one about the "best PG in the ACC", although I was going to use Vazquez (not that I actually believe that, especially since he's not really a PG, I just need to stand by my team).

Clearly, great minds think alike.

Or in the case of you and Beaner....just minds think a like. :D