Sports Guy

Darren McFadden...NE Patriot??

As most of you know, the Patriots got the 49ers first rounder for this coming season....Well, with the 49ers playing terribly, it looks like it could be a top 5 pick.

Just what NE needs...more top young talent.

It really is quite sick that the Pats will have a top 5 pick that could easily be top 3 by draft day. The've done this numerous times over the last 5-6 years where they are able to trade for future 1st round picks.They might have a specific need position they will look for in the draft but I suspect they will go with best player available which could easily be McFadden.

I doubt they'd go after him with Maroney, maybe Dorsey or one of the Long's, Jake or Chris. Plus, I'm guessing he'll be picked first, meaning the Dolphins might be trading down.

Who did the Patriots trade for the 49ers' first-round pick?

I think they used it to trade up for the LT (Staley) last year in the first round. The 49ers knew the Ravens were going OL with the next pick.

I would imagine the Patriots will try and re set up the system that they had been using of having two picks in the first round of the draft. I see them shopping this pick for someone 2009 first round pick. That system had been working really well for them. Allowing them to pick up and extra 2, 3, or 4th round pick that they had been using for depth.

I would imagine the Patriots will try and re set up the system that they had been using of having two picks in the first round of the draft. I see them shopping this pick for someone 2009 first round pick. That system had been working really well for them. Allowing them to pick up and extra 2, 3, or 4th round pick that they had been using for depth.

The Patriots had been doing that to get higher picks the next year. Hard to get higher than the 4th pick. I say they stay there and draft either of the Long(s), Dorsey, McFadden, or the MLB from Ohio State.