Witchy_Chick

Hangout Weight Loss

As a direct result of my Weight Loss rant, it seems I've been elected to start a Hangout Weight Loss thread. :D My thinking is for each participant to post something like this as our starting point:

Name: Witchy Chick

Goal loss: 45 pounds

Weight loss plan: Weight Watchers

Weekly "weigh-ins".......say on Mondays. Initial weigh-in on this coming Monday 9/11. (That gives us all another weekend to gorge, drink beer, be lazy, or all of the above. ;)) Weight loss period to run until December 31st (or until goal weight is met). Each week, everyone posts their loss (or gain).

As we progress, we can use this thread to trade recipes and to encourage and support each other. What do you all think?

We need a catchy name too. Hangout Weight Loss (HOWL? LOL) was the best I can come up with at the moment. :D

Witchy

How will you prevent cheaters? I don't like cheaters.

No way to prevent cheating, I suppose. It'll just have to be on the honor system -- like golf. :D

Personally, my thinking is if I'm really serious about losing weight -- why would I cheat? Not to mention -- what reason is there to cheat? It's not like we're winning season tickets or a trip to Aruba or something. ;)

Here's another thought too. Maybe before/after pictures posted on the Hangout Frappr? /shrug

Witchy

Yeah, I'm trying to put on weight, but basically it's the same way of goal setting etc. Only problem is I'm going to Israel for a couple months in October and there's no way I'm going to be able to keep up my eating/working out schedule over there, plus I won't have access to a computer, so there's no point me actually putting my stats.

I'll just chime in to spur you all on, plus I'll steal all the recipes I can.

Name: DurbBird

Goal: 25 lb.

Plan: Walk or bike to work (4 miles round-trip and uphill both ways in the summer heat through snow up to here!); five-a-day fruits and veggies and other heart-smart eating

And thanks, Witchy, for coordinating the effort. Go, HOWL!

I just wanted to remind everyone that the HOWL starts tomorrow. :) Gorge yourselves now, and don't forget to weigh-in in the morning. No need to post your starting weight here (unless you want to), just post your goal loss. As we proceed, we can trade recipes, etc. Good luck everyone!!!

Witchy

Name: Erb8472

Goal Loss: 50 pounds

Plan: Weight watchers

Weighed in this morning, and ended up gaining 12 pounds in the 5 or 6 months I was technically off my diet. I plan on being almost back down to that weight in two weeks.

I have a really good recipe for french fry lovers at home, its not hard to make and one serving only counts as 1 point i believe. I'll try to dig it out tonight.

-2 lbs. since 09-07-06

I'm walking to work today.

Wednesday I head up to Denver for the annual meeting of the Mountains and Plains Independent Booksellers Association and plan to walk in the mornings and evenings at the conference center.

I'm in.

I'm going to go with Nutri-System.

I will shoot for 50 pounds by the end of December. I won't get my Nutri System start up until next week so I may start a little slower to get rid of the garbage in the house first.

I'm only looking to lose 10-15 pounds, but will be trying to exercise more, and eat healthier. I plan on following this thread to keep me on task. We'll see how this goes.

How has everyone been doing this week?

I've kept within my WW points every day but Monday -- and even then, I only went over by 2 points. I've been slamming water like a camel in the desert. It fills you up so you're less likely to snack plus it helps clean out your system. I haven't done much in the way of excerise -- weather hasn't been conducive to being outside. :( I did walk around the exterior of my building on Monday -- and probably will today too. It's better than nothing. :o

So far, these are the people I have "participating": Me, I Heart Miggy, AgentOrange, DurbBird, erb8472, NJOriolesFan, and baroquen131. I'm going to check the other (rant) thread to see who posted in there too.

I haven't made anything too "out there" for my meals this week, so I don't have any recipes to trade at the moment. I've just basically been eating more fruits and veggies, drinking a lot of water, and using low-fat bread for my grilled tomatoes and cheese sandwiches (YUM!!). I did make some zucchini and onion mixture last night as a side dish. Used Montreal Garlic and Onion Medley on the veggies, and they were pretty tasty. :)

Witchy

It's been a rocky week. Been on track for the most part. Just tough to be somewhat stressed out and stay a 100% committed to the diet thing, but I'm working on it.

Plan on knocking out some heavy amounts of exercise over the weekend.