Witchy_Chick

Hangout Weight Loss

I started at 201.4 and I am now down to 196.6

So hopefully I can build on the momentum!

Do you really have a scale that read tenths of a pound? I had never noticed this thread but I have been on a diet for a while now hoping to get back down to my "fighting weight"...lol. I really have not done much except cut out between meal snacks and seconds and eliminated most starchy food from my meals. I am a pretty big guy and still work out 4 days a week but had allowed the spare tire effect to take effect. My goal is to get to 240 by christmas I started out at 275 about a month ago and was 264 yesterday.

I see you guys trying to get to 180 and all of that man what it would be like to be 12 years old again. LOL

Do you really have a scale that read tenths of a pound? I had never noticed this thread but I have been on a diet for a while now hoping to get back down to my "fighting weight"...lol. I really have not done much except cut out between meal snacks and seconds and eliminated most starchy food from my meals. I am a pretty big guy and still work out 4 days a week but had allowed the spare tire effect to take effect. My goal is to get to 240 by christmas I started out at 275 about a month ago and was 264 yesterday.

I see you guys trying to get to 180 and all of that man what it would be like to be 12 years old again. LOL

Yeah, I have a digital scale, its reads to the tenth.

All I really have done, cut back on the portions, eat a healthy snack for lunch (carrots and celery) and then eat a reasonable dinner.

Basically drink slim fast, watch the calories/portions and do some working out. Its hard when you work so much and live 1 hour away from work, it takes a lot out of you. It has been working so far, but I am sure it will get hard fast...

I stalled last week: didn't gain anything, but I didn't lose either. Nor did I walk to work all week. I'm walking tomorrow, Wednesday, and Friday.

Today i started with a sunrise sandwitch which consists of croissant, egg bacon, cheese. Accompanied by vanilla la creme yogurt. Had one class, then ate a mozzerela tomato and basil panini samich, with a side of chips, and a side of fries. Another class, then a bag of microwave popcorn. Than a turkey sandwitch loaded with two different kinds of mayonnaise, put olive oil on both sides of the bread than george formaned it. Now I'm about to eat a large pizza by myself, as well as hit up the keggerator during the football game. It's been a great day. I just want to make up for all the food you guys aren't eating.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

• Upvote 4

I actually made a mis-calculation. I was mis-remembering my previous week's weight. I did an unofficial weigh-in in the middle of the week and that number was stuck in my head. Using that erroneous non-official number, I would've gained back all four pounds I lost in Week 1. Using my real official Monday-morning weigh-in number, I only gained back 1 pound.

So, overall, I'm at -3 for the 2 week timeframe. Obviously, I like that better. :D

Witchy

a carb-a-holic.

I went to the doc for some tests a few years ago. When I got the results, at the top of the page it said, "Subject is an obese white male, age 37..." I said, "WTF! This must change." At that time I had hit 216 pounds. I decided to make a change and set my goal at 175. Through eating smaller portions, drinking water and swimming I got down to 189. Then something happened. I can't really remember what happened, but something did, because I stopped swimming 4 times a week. Three years later, I'm hovering around 195 - 200.

You guys have inspired me.

My goal is to weigh 180 on my birthday, December 25th. That would be about a pound per week. I'll accomplish this by walking/biking more often and reducing portion size. I'll also dust off the bowflex. By no means will I give up drinking beer, as a life without beer is not the life for me. I also promise to engage in sexual activity more often, because we all know the health benefits of good ol' S.E.X.

After I hit 180 on the birthday, I'll shoot for 170 by Opening Day of the Baltimore Orioles 2007 Championship Season, which is also my 7th wedding anniversary.

Thanks, Witchy, for issuing the challenge!

Wow, after reading that, all I want to say is...

"Chip!!! Chip!!! Chip!!!"

Sounds a lot like my situation, about the weight and the bowflex. Hopefully this works for all of us!

I am trying to lose 25 pounds. I have lost 10 so far.

I need to cut back on alcohol, keep working out and cutting out junk: I think that combination will do it. # 1 is the hardest!

Heres a tip: buy some cold pressed flax oil..put it in your salads or other food. Adds flavor, great for everything just about. And lost of health benefits from what I understand

My weight has been about the same the past week. Normal fluctuations, so that's no big deal.

The exercise part has been the interesting part. The first week, I was a slacker and didn't do anything. This week however, with the nice weather, I was plenty motivated to get and and run/jog. The lap around my neighborhood is about an even mile (I was able to measure today), and I've taken to doing three laps.

Well first I had a exertion headache (which I may have mentioned earlier). That wasn't fun, but apparently not unusual. I haven't had that problem recently. However, now, my foot is falling asleep after a mile or two. I googled that problem too, and found it's not unusual, and probably the shoes. That means I need to buy some new shoes (as I threw away my old ones months ago).

But other than the head and feet issues, I did 3 miles, M/W/F last week. I've also did the routine yesterday, and other than a mild sore back, I'll probably be out there tomorrow. If I'd just eat a little healthier, I'd be perfectly content. Overall - not a bad week.

It's awesome to hear everyone is still fighting the good fight!

I weighed myself this morning and I'm down 16 pounds since August 28th. I'm using the Fat Smash Diet by Dr. Ian Smith of "Celebrity Fit Club" fame.

I explained the diet earlier in this thread, and all I can say is WOW! My favorite thing about it is that it's so practical. I'm not eating pre-prepared meals, drinking shakes, counting calories or points, etc. No offense to those who went that route, they just don't work for me. This diet forced me to make drastic changes in my eating habits from Day 1 and little by little added back in some of the things that make food a pleasure. Those first 9 days, though, really put food back into perspective for me. I'm making much better choices now, happily and easily passing up fattening, sodium-ridden, empty calorie foods for natural healthy alternatives.

The other thing the diet has done for me is pushed me back into an active lifestyle. If I watch any more than an hour of TV per night, at least 45 minutes of it is viewed from my elliptical machine. I'm also hitting the weights again which I thought might never happen. I've proven to myself I can control what I eat and I can still be disciplined enough to remain consistent both in the kitchen and the gym.

I'm comfortably wearing today a pair of Dockers today that haven't fit for over 2 years! I walked into a conference room a little late Monday and one of my subcontractors said, "Hey Scott we were just- HOLY CRAP! Uh...in case no one told you...the diet's working!"

Don't get me wrong...my wife and I (who started dieting a few weeks before I did and is down over 20 lbs. and fitting into dresses she couldn't even wear pre-baby!) plan 'cheat events'. 2 Sunday's ago we went to a Ravens party and agreed that the diet was off for the day. The funny thing is that, even though we agreed to throw the diet by the wayside, we both still ate sensible portions. I had 4 buffalo wings, 1 piece of pizza, and 1 small piece of a stromboli along with fresh veggies and lowfat dip...usually the bad stuff would be at least double. This past Saturday we went to a wedding. In addition to the lemon-garlic chicken, I had a small piece of prime rib and then we both splurged on desert. Both of us, though, didn't allow the 'cheat' to de-rail us. The next day is was back to business as usual.

Hang in there everyone! Keep up the good work!

Today i started with a sunrise sandwitch which consists of croissant, egg bacon, cheese. Accompanied by vanilla la creme yogurt. Had one class, then ate a mozzerela tomato and basil panini samich, with a side of chips, and a side of fries. Another class, then a bag of microwave popcorn. Than a turkey sandwitch loaded with two different kinds of mayonnaise, put olive oil on both sides of the bread than george formaned it. Now I'm about to eat a large pizza by myself, as well as hit up the keggerator during the football game. It's been a great day. I just want to make up for all the food you guys aren't eating.

Keep up the good work guys and gals!

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Weekly weigh-in: 195.5 lbs.

Brought the bowflex out of retirement and it feels pretty good.

Been riding my bike for most local errands, which feels really good.

170 on Opening Day, 2007, here we come!

Weekly weigh-in: 195.5 lbs.

Brought the bowflex out of retirement and it feels pretty good.

Been riding my bike for most local errands, which feels really good.

170 on Opening Day, 2007, here we come!

Chip, if you do a good cardio boxflex workout will only take 30 mins at max, you only have to do it 3 times a week. You will see results really quickly. I love it!

I had lunch with my sister on Friday, and she's lost 30 lb. since April on the Weight Watchers program. She looks great! I'm going to sign up on Monday.

I started at 201.4 and I am now down to 196.6

So hopefully I can build on the momentum!

I am not at 194.8

Lost another 1.8 lbs. Not too bad considering the Ravens game yesterday was full of beer and fatty foods!

6.6 lbs in 2 weeks!